Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Changed Playlist Content and I would like the old songs

Spotify Changed Playlist Content and I would like the old songs

I was following the old 'background beats' playlist (it had a bunch of songs I wouldn't normally listen to but I loved studying ot them) and Spotify changed it to 'clout culture' 6 days ago. 

Does anyone know how I can find all the songs on the playlist before it was changed to clout?

5 Replies

Hi @timetable1, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If the playlist you mentioned was updated, it's not possible to get back the old songs at the moment.

In order to avoid this inconvenience in the future, we suggest that you create your own playlist and add in there the songs that you'd like to keep in your account. This way, if the playlist you follow is updated, all the songs that you saved in the playlist you created will remain in your account.

Let us know if you have questions. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

You may have noticed that nobody liked this comment. You know why? Because the answer stinks. You didn't even apologize for the inconvenience. And it IS inconvenient. I'm never going to be able to play a song on one of your playlists again because I forgot the name of it.

Furthermore how are listeners supposed to predict if their favorite playlist is about to get changed?? I used to listen to “Ready for the Day” every other day, and it suddenly changed the genre completely. This answer IS bogus and if that’s Spotify’s suggested solution to this type of problem (which after a brief internet search, seems to be common) we deserve a heads up that our music is going to be so drastically changed. Some of my favorite playlists have changed so much that I run out of skips hitting “Don’t play this song.”

Agree with this. I thought I was imagining things when I noticed my favourite playlists were being changed.

Spotify please rectify this. 

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out about this! Sorry to hear you can't find the songs that were in the Spotify-made playlist. 

What you can do whenever you like a Spotify-made playlist is either save your favourite songs from it to Liked Songs or:

1. Go to a Desktop device. 
  2. Open the Spotify-made playlist.
  3. Press Ctrl + A simultaneously and copy all the songs from the playlists.
  4. After that you can move them to a playlist made by you. That way you will save the content before it changes. 

Feel free to use this workaround. 

Let us know if we can help with anything else Spotify-related by creating a new thread 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts