Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Premium keeps removing songs from my playlist

Spotify Premium keeps removing songs from my playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

iPhone SE (2nd Gen) and MacBook Air (2020)

Operating System

iOS 14.4.2 and macOS Big Sur

My Question or Issue

I've been subscribing to Spotify Premium for over a year. I've been creating a private playlist for myself, which originally had over 500 songs. Last week, I discovered I only had 485 songs, and today, when I was adding more songs to the playlist, I found that it had dropped to 432. And then within 5 minutes, it was down to 350. None of the songs that have disappeared have any licensing issues. 

I don't know which songs have disappeared, so I can't ask Spotify to add them specifically back to my playlist. 

I've tried every possible method that Spotify admins have suggested. I've signed out of all sessions, changed my password, reinstalled the app on both my phone and my laptop. 

What in the world is going on? I am extremely frustrated with this issue, and am actually wondering why I'm paying Spotify at all - I haven't encountered this problem with any of the other music apps I've used - Apple or Prime. 

Please help me fix this, and explain what the problem is on Spotify's end. Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you're witnessing the numbers in your playlist dropping in real time, someone else might have gained access to your account.

We'd recommend you run through the steps from this Support article to secure your account.

You can also reach out to the customer support team via the form in the Lost anything? section in the bottom of that article. They should be able to restore your playlists if possible.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts