Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify delete albums?!

Spotify delete albums?!

It's a really annoying issue and it happend to me few times already. Once with The Doors album, second time was with one of my favourite artists - Gramatik. Two days ago few of the albums got just deleted by night.

I'd like to know why is that?

Does spotify have contracts withe the labels and just end after some time? Please let me know it's annoying as hell when after one night half of your playlist is gone without any explanation. It happend to me alone twice already so I guess it must be pretty often practice by Spotify, yet I couldn't find any topics adressing the issue.

Does anyone got annoyed by that?

Can one of the admins can give me their response?

28 Replies

I just checked and E.S.P the album is on there. Unless you mean the extended version from the album Warner Brothers Years 1987-1991. I found it on there ages ago and now its gone, which is a shame. I really like that extended version. I think One For All used to be on Spotify too but that seems to be gone now too. 

DELETED Album!? Archive - Live Zénith Paris EPIC!. Listen too songs "Again" and "Lights" and you understand my angry mood.

These album, and a other perls, i used in several playlists, just disappear in the Cloaca Maxima of the greedy and money-addicted Music industry! So then, you stupid Label-Manager and Lawyers, i will get all in the Net. I will run the songs out of the local folders and you and your artists dont get any cent!

And Spotify, i would appreciate any kind of note/information! publish the issue. If, for example, 1000 of your clients would send an angry mails or comments to the Music Label, i bet they arent very happy about additional stuff on their to-do lists. The public and the mass (we the Spotify Community), we could build pressure, if your legal department is not able to fix the situation and hold the status quo!

Spotify has removed 3 songs honoring MLK day. What's going on?

THEY TOOK AWAY SOUTH SIDE SUICIDE BY SUICIDE BOYS AND IM MAD BC THAT SONG IS THE SLAP 

Since yesterday, half of my favourite albums are unavailable like Amorphis: Under the Red Cloud, Silent Waters or Deathstars: Perfect Cult...

They now removed Macintosh Plus

Just yesterday, Portugal The Man and The Black freakin' Keys! All total 6 albums just gone! I'm losing my mind here. Being clueless! :'(

It's not good. You go to listen to something and it's gone. Spotify blames the record companies for removing songs. Why some albums and not others (even by the same artist)? I have seen where 10 songs of an album are gone and only two songs remain. It doesn't make any sense.

Sometimes it's the artist or issues with copywright but there's no way to know when or if the albums will come back.

Suggested posts