Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Artists and User Account having same follower count ?

Spotify for Artists and User Account having same follower count ?

i am a new artist (since Spotify For Artists) with my old personal account linked up. It seems crazy my playlists i make as a User that gets selected as my Artist curated playlists still has the User as the creator. Essentially i am building followers in two places with no way to merge anymore? Crazy right? What do big artists do now?

2 Replies

Hey @jamesheather,

Yes that's correct, artist pages are no longer being merged with user profiles as it's no longer required since the launch of the new Spotify for Artist platform.

If you haven't been verified as an artist before the launch of the new Spotify for Artists, then the only thing you can do at the moment is to feature your user playlists on your artist page.

Spotify may improve this feature in the future, so that the playlists are published under your artist name instead of your personal profile's name, but no promises. 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks Maxim, not from The Prodigy I take it! Hopefully they will make that change, as it would be a shame to gain a follower on personal account and not Artist account, for any artist i think.

Another suggestion, you should be able to change the oder of the playlists on Spotify For Artists manually once they are in there so you can choose the ones that are the first 4 on your homepage on Spotify, so you dont have to take everything down and then reupload.

Suggested posts