Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps recommending german songs to me and it keeps getting worse.

Spotify keeps recommending german songs to me and it keeps getting worse.

It has been going on for years. I've never listened german music, not that I hate it but I don't understand it and Spotify keeps recommending it to me for some reason and I don't know why and it keeps getting worse, like every 3rd song today.
In yearly review or smth that Spotify creates it showed me that my 4th most listened music is German folk or smth. I keep hitting the "remove" button when such songs come up - I get that the code is not going to recommend me the genre anymore but it doesn't take into account the language.

I am writing today after taking this for many years now and it's getting really annoyed by now.
1 Reply

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

You can try removing some of the German artists and albums from your Taste Profile, following this guide. This will help get fewer recommendations of German folk music.

If your account is logged in any type of communal device, like a TV/ Smart speaker or Game console, to which other users have access, it's possible that such music has been played on those devices in the past and the app is recommending more of that. In which case, we'd recommend logging out of such devices and logging in only on your personal devices, like phone or PC.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts