Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps taking down the cover image and title on one of my playlist

Spotify keeps taking down the cover image and title on one of my playlist

Despite my cover image and playlist title being clean versions after getting 4 emails about it being against policy, Spotify keeps taking down what I had. For example, my playlist was titled “post break up glow” and that got taken down. I had this playlist title and cover image the same for years. Now, that it has hit around 20 likes, Spotify has an issue with it.
5 Replies

Hello there

I'm sorry to hear that

I wouldn't exactly know why it was taken down but there must be something

Perhaps you could try changing the name and cover art, just to see if the issue persists.

And if you don't mind, you can send a screenshot of the playlist(as it is at the moment) and I will look into it.

Thanks

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! It won’t let me attach a photograph of what it looks like but I have had the cover image and title taken down about 6 different times. The past few times it has been taken down the cover image was a picture from a Drake and Josh episode where the girl is holding up a phone and the tiny writing on the bottom says “it’s Britney from 2003, she said you’re toxic” and the playlist title is “post break up glow” with no emojis or punctuation marks. I’m just very confused as to how something that has no profanity would be taken down. It was also taken down one time when the playlist title was the same as mentioned earlier but the cover image was a photo of Kendall Jenner wearing sunglasses that said “I don’t care.” Either way, both options don’t seem like an issue that is worth being removed. 

Hey @katherinekondelis,

Thanks for your reply.

You mentioned you had received some emails when your playlist cover/title are removed. Just to confirm, have you replied to those?

If you haven't, we suggest doing so, since they're the team in charge that can further look into it and give you a hand and more info about this situation.

Lastly, make sure to follow these guidelines when adding a cover and description to your playlists.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi! This problem is once again happening on the same playlist despite many emails to the accounts that keeps emailing me the take down notification. All I had on the playlist was the title “break up glow 🫶🏼“ and no cover image. This does not violate any guidelines and am very confused why it is continuously taken down despite the title (and previous cover images from last time) not violating guidelines. It is a very frustrating experience considering I also pay for a premium subscription.

Hey @katherinekondelis 

Maybe you should try contacting customer support and find out if they cannot assist you in any way.

It can't possibly be nice to have your playlist continuously being taken down and I apologize.

I hope it's resolved soon.

Have a great weekend. 😄

TaylithSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts