Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify won't play songs on windows 10 after several reinstalls and can't connect to phone

Spotify won't play songs on windows 10 after several reinstalls and can't connect to phone

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

PC intel I3 gtx 750ti

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify stopped working suddenly and won't play songs after several reinstalls. I can't play any song and i have tried using different storage places on my pc. It is online because i can see what my friends are playing and don't have the offline modus on. I am also able to browse artists and see their music but once I click on their music it just doesn't play. It plays but the album cover or single cover is grey and the bar is not moving the name of the song does become green. Is there any fix for this because this is super annoying making me want to use Youtube premium. 

Schermopname (7).png
5 Replies

Hey @simoni12,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Does this issue occur on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This did not help.

Do you really think i did not do a clean reinstall?

i did that multiple times.

It is not a device related problem since this also happened to my laptop. 

i just can't play music. 

if i try to click play on playlists nothing happens, it just buffers. 

Hey @simoni12,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try with another account on the same device to check if anything changes? That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

If the issue doesn't persist, we'd suggest you head here and create a new account. Then you can also transfer your favorite jams to the new account with these steps.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It isn't account related, it still doesn't work even with using other accounts. The app is broken when installed even when i clean installed. It just doesn't play music and this happened since updating to windows 10 at the start it acted glitchy and sometimes didn't play until in the end not playing at all. On my ipone x 256gb i got the same kind of problem it keeps on deleting downloaded albums. FIX your apps. 

Hi @simoni12

Thanks for this info. 

If you've downloaded the app directly from our website, we'd recommend giving it a try with the Microsoft Store version and vice versa. 

Also, would you mind letting us know the Spotify version currently running on your phone? Have you already performed the clean reinstall on this device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts