Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Empire Soundtrack missing

Solved!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Empire Soundtrack missing

Hello there everyone,

today, I was searching for the soundtrack of another one of the MMORPGs I'm playing since I had found the soundtrack for World of Warcraft already in your library, which had made me really happy.

So, what I was looking for today, though, was the Soundtrack for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy-RPG "Star Wars: The Old Republic", which had been made available to the player community as MP3-Files as a free download by Bioware/EA to an extent in December 2011 already.

I would be glad, if you could add these to your streaming service, too...since I often listen to Game Music on Spotify while playing. Thanks a lot and maybe - at some point in the far future even - Spotify (Premium) might even be capable of playing the ingame soundtrack of some games as intended by the Designers of it via an API..!? That would be beyond awesome... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@samapatti hey there, glad you loved the WoW soundtrack ^_^

that's a wonderful idea, i'd suggest you share it on the ideas page. if you post the idea here, i'll add my vote to it.

on the soundtrack of The Old Republic (great game by the way) it's still not in Spotify's power to add those tracks because of copyright. you would have to reach out to the developers, the game's social media, or the soundtrack artist to have it added.

in the meantime, local files (like the free mp3 ones you mentioned) can be imported to your spotify library!

hope that helps ^_^

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

@samapatti hey there, glad you loved the WoW soundtrack ^_^

that's a wonderful idea, i'd suggest you share it on the ideas page. if you post the idea here, i'll add my vote to it.

on the soundtrack of The Old Republic (great game by the way) it's still not in Spotify's power to add those tracks because of copyright. you would have to reach out to the developers, the game's social media, or the soundtrack artist to have it added.

in the meantime, local files (like the free mp3 ones you mentioned) can be imported to your spotify library!

hope that helps ^_^

Thanks for the hint with the idea page @crematedman...I'll put it in their for sure.

Well, since it's available for free legal download from the EA/Bioware Website of the Game without any further copyright notices, I was presuming, that it wouldn't be much of a big deal to add these tracks to the Spotify Library. But I'll ask their support, too, and see what they are saying there 🙂

I have tried your suggestion with an old Galaxy S3 Mini Phone, which only still runs on Android 4.x and on that OS platform (version) adding local files to the Spotify Library isn't possible just yet in that particular version of the App unfortunately. I use this old smartphone as a transmitter for playing music remotely on my old HiFi-System. So, if I want to play it there, I need to play it from another device, that can access the files on the LAN's Media-Server obviously.

Oh, and I really hope, that at some point, Game Developers will really implement playing at least soundtracks to games wirelessly...with sound effects it could be a bit difficult, of course, because of lag from Transmission plus Digital Sound Processing, of course.

Best of wishes and thanks again...

P.S.: Obviously I cannot post ideas (yet). So, I presume/conclude, that I first need a certain status here in the forums community in order to post anything there.

@samapatti you're welcome! that's a shame

it would be wonderful - there are more game soundtracks that I can list that I've adored

sure no worries, i can post the idea for you if you'd like?

@samapatti Hey I don't know if you ever listen to "Epic" music but if you like Old Republic or WOW you would enjoy this. It's composers who create music most for trailers but generally have an Epic quality. One is Two Steps From Hell 

Suggested posts