Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Steve Miller - Circle of Love

Steve Miller - Circle of Love

Another album I know was on Spotify and now gone. Come on guys, I'm tired of complaning but when I see an album that was on here, and now it's gone I have to say something.

This is suppose to be a music site and yet so many good songs and albums are pulled from the site.

Let's get it together and put back the music we love.

Also, please spare me the usual answer you always give about going against the artist wishes.

4 Replies

Hey @artful_dodger59

I know you said you didn't want the usual answer, but it's true. The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What about Frankie Valli? The Very Best of Frankie Valli has been butchered. Half the songs are missing?

@artful_dodger59

Sometimes an artist or their music label will disable certain songs on an album from being played.

All music on Spotify is controlled by the owner of the music. If they want it on Spotify, it will be playable. If the artist / music label does not want it on Spotify it will be missing or greyed out (disabled)

Spotify gets the blame, but it is really the artist / record label's decision. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

And sometimes a site like this gets sued by an artist LOL

Suggested posts