Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suggestions repeat recently played songs

Suggestions repeat recently played songs

Plan

Premium

I will choose to listen to an album. Like Air Mason Creatures. When the album is over spotify will start auto-playing suggested songs. Why would it suggest a song it just played off the album?

I.e. Like the following

Selected tracks off album:

Ari Mason - Sleep Still

Ari Mason - Ritual

Ari Mason - Dim the Lights

<album is over so suggested songs start auto-playing>

Torul - Monday

Kite - I Can't Stand

Air Mason - Sleep Still <--- Why? It was just played. Can't the algorithm look back and see it was just played 20 minutes ago?

So, I select another album and listen to it. Then spotfiy starts autoplaying songs.

Six songs in it repeats another song recently played. Etc.

I'd be fine if the auto-suggestions would not suggest a song that has already been played that day. It seems like the algorithm doesn't even check that.

1 Reply

Hey @darrick5,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that the way Autoplay functions is that it creates a radio, based on the album you've just finished. The way radio playlists work right now makes it possible that some of the tracks in the playlist/ album they're based on get included. If you'd like to see this functionality changed, we recommend that you post your idea in our Exchange. You can learn how to do this here.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts