Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suspicious Playlist

Solved!

Suspicious Playlist

Plan: Free

Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,
I had a song added to a playlist called 'House Music' by the profile 'Artister.io' without my consent. Researching a bit I found the playlist to be somewhat suspicious, according to the site "https://artister.io" this profile charges to have music added to their playlists, but I did not pay to have my music added to any of their playlists. I wonder how to proceed in this case, cause I don't want to have my artist profile related to any playlists that use bots or something like that.

Thank you all 🙂

Top Answer
CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our Artist Support team are the best folks to help out with this. You can reach out to them here. If you've already reached out to them, there's nothing more you need to do. They'll get back to you soon with a reply and you can keep in touch with them for further assistance or if you have further questions about this matter.

We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Cheers 🙂

226 Replies

Hi there @,

Thank you for your reply.

If you notice that your music has been added to any suspicious playlist, it is always best to contact Artist support and report it. They also have more info about the process around it.

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there,

We have the same problem with our track Dreamer - Universe. It got added to the playlist ‘Chillnight’ and we didn’t asked or payed for it.
For those who got their track removed from the playlist already, is there anything we could do? We already submitted a claim to the support team but our track is still in the playlist.

Thanks in advance.

Dreamer

Hi @Fridy

I see your track has been removed from the Chill night playlist now. So what did you do? Only reach out for the Support Team?

Greets, Dreamer

Hello there,

My song was added to one of "Artister.io"'s playlists. I have contacted Support for Artists and they basically said there's nothing they can do about "removing songs from an individual's playlist" even though this is clearly a violation of the TOS. This is ruining my organic growth -- something you talk about a lot in the Spotify for Artists page. Why won't you delete this user? I have also emailed them begging them to remove my song and have received no response. Please help. No one will help.

Hi 

What could work to get you removed from the playlist is to expose Artister.io on twitter. I tried it and I think our song has now been removed. It really is not cool that these companies can ruin the organic growth of artists by adding them to their botted playlists. I don't know why Spotify doesn't close down their account.

Thanks, I just tried that. Hopefully it works!

I recently came across the same problem and my distributor is saying spotify flagged me, I never paid or asked to be added and when I messaged them to remove it I get no response, I have no clue what to do from here, I have worked hard to build a lissternship and I can't afford to be banned from spotify

Hi! My singles (My Song and I'm In Love) were also added to artister.io's playlist "Sheeran's Choice". My streams have significantly increased since then. Though I am happy for the increase, I sincerely hope the streams are not fraudulent. In case they are, I hope you can put in record that I did not pay for artister.io's services and, should they be suspicious, I hope you won't take down my singles or flag my profile.

Playlist link: 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gsOosYY1S0LgpCaJHy5Lk?si=upTBj6A5Q-yNgQOveZX90Q&dl_branch=1

The links to my singles:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7cPkhrWzyD6rcqfLnDareh?si=4c75275a2b454dc0

https://open.spotify.com/track/13ShaB51b7SyMh94VWPDoP?si=94feab5432534ba3 

Hello, guys,

I just saw in my dashboard that my latest single - "Dimitri's Bats - She" was starting to get a lot more plays than expected, than I saw that it was added to the "Pop Carousel" playlist by Artister.io, I looked them up and I think there's something fishy about them. They have a website where you can pay them to add your song to one of their playlist. I never payed anybody to add my music to a playlist or get streams. If there are bots, or fake streams involved, I had nothing to do with it, it's just their scammy marketing scheme. I just don't want to get my song flagged or anything like that. Can you take my song off their playlist or please tell me what I could do?

Thank you so much!

Same. We were just added to their Indie World playlist completely unsolicited from us. We messaged them and let them know that we did not want to be on any bot playlists and that we do not pay for playlist adds. 
we just want to be sure that we are not associated with anything shady or suspicious here.

please let me know if there is anything else we should be doing here.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

As previously mentioned, make sure to reach out to our Artist Support team to have this reported. You can do so here. You can keep in touch with them for any follow-up questions.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi! I shared a reply here last Friday but I don't know why it's not here anymore.

Anyway. Two of my singles (My Song and I'm In Love) were also added to a playlist by Artister.io. Since then, my streams on Spotify have increased exponentially. I kept wondering if they were bots and, in case they are, I hope you can note that I did not contact Artister.io nor did I pay for any of their services. I hope you won't take down or flag my single because of this.

Playlist link: 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gsOosYY1S0LgpCaJHy5Lk?si=84PNEop7TsWlpoVHYBU3PQ&dl_branch=1

Single Links:

https://open.spotify.com/track/13ShaB51b7SyMh94VWPDoP?si=0afc24d5d0fc4409

https://open.spotify.com/track/7cPkhrWzyD6rcqfLnDareh?si=3fb0b422a8824b23 

Hey @megdk,

Thanks for the post and the info.

We'd strongly recommend contacting the Artist Support team. They will be able to give you more accurate information and check out what is happening with your account and content.

As we don't have access to your account information, we can can't offer much guidance from our end.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It took tagging them on Twitter and then DMing on IG with threats of legal action to get them to take it down. Artist Support did nothing—they will not remove the playlist even if it’s proved to be fraudulent. When I mentioned that my “Fans Also Like” section was being decimated due to bots, they told me to do more promo 🙄

Thank you for the tip! As much as possible I did not want to engage with them directly, but after a disappointing conversation with Artist Support, I feel I have no other choice. 😅Thanks again!

Hi guys, I am afraid our song (spotify:track:08apYdbhzXHDPlqGbSHb6O) got added to a playlist called 'Fresh New Music' (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0WWpUdHbMqnwOa9HXvbPYe) by the profile 'Artister.io' without my consent. I did not pay to have my music added to any of their playlists. I wonder how to proceed in this case, cause I don't want to have my artist profile related to any playlists that use bots or something like that.

Many thanks for your kind support Eywa Music Ltd

Hi everyone.

Found this thread after having a similar thing happen to me and one of the artists I promote.

I managed to get artister.io to remove our song by tagging them in a name and shame post on Instagram.

I reported to Artist Support and got the same stock answer many of you got.

However - I also have internal contacts with Spotify since I work closely with Sony and know many people in their digital streaming division 🙂 so I escalated it.

Got this reply from artist support last night.

"Hey Adrian,
We've reviewed your report, and would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Rest assured, we've passed this info along to the right folks so they can investigate the reported site and playlists. As a heads up, these reports are handled by a separate team, so we won't be able to offer follow-up info about actions that might be taken.
If you need anything else in the future, we'll be here to help.
All our best,
David"

Lo and behold, the playlist info has gone, and if you visit artister.io's profile, it's blank.

We still have the fake streams unfortunately, but we nipped it in the bud early enough that they'll hopefully not affect anything long term.

Thanks for everyone's help here!

AdrianIMG_1131.jpg

Hey,

I just got added to one of their playlists last night and found this thread after getting a little suspicious.
Unfortunately it seems like only the first result when you search for artister.io got removed.

The main one with all the "big" playlists is still very much at large:
https://open.spotify.com/user/8ma2yfiyyz165ha8a48ldkawp?si=4f07c58ab8b644de

I hope this gets resolved soon as this is quite unsettling.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community.

This has already been reported and the right folks are investigating the matter as we speak!

We have double checked and on our end it seems the playlists are no longer active. Could you also confirm that this is the case for you as well? 

If this issue still persists, you can also contact the Artist Support team regarding follow ups on this issue, however be prepared to wait a bit longer for the responses there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can confirm that the account is gone and the playlist I was added to no longer appears on my "discovered on" or anywhere else.

Thanks for taking care of this so quickly!

Suggested posts