Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The Avett Brothers 'I And Love And You' album disappeared?

The Avett Brothers 'I And Love And You' album disappeared?

I was not happy to come in to work this morning unable to play my favorite album on spotify; The Avett Brothers "I And Love And You". What are you doing spotify??? It is one thing if it was never available in the first place, but to take it away after I had it? Now that's just cruel...

22 Replies

Yeah, what's up with that?

Hi there - As all content is licensed from a number of rights holders there are times when a rights holder asks for content to be withdrawn. This can create a gap where Spotify doesn’t have the music for a while. You can find out a little more about this on our FAQ page.

Hopefully that album will be back for you in the future. For more info on requesting artists/ albums please see Rorey's post here

This needs to get fixed.

Yes. Were other albums under the same label pulled? Other Avett Brothers music, from before they went major, is still on Spotify, so it must be a problem with THE MAN. Why would THE MAN pull music by such a relatively small band unless this particular man pulled all artists on this label? If they did, WHY? If they didn't, WHY JUST THE AVETT BROTHERS? Especially since IT WAS THERE ALREADY AND WE ALL LIKED IT SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL, THE MAN?

So many important questions, so little important music.

I can't find the allbum anymore and it's not in my playlist! Please help!

I will be dropping my premium subscription until this is resolved.

You may want to take this webpage down until it gets fixed. http://sp.myplay.com/theavettbrothers/ 

This is complete bull**uh-oh**.  I don't pay 10 bucks a month to listen to Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen.  Account officially suspended until good music is readily available.

Is it possible to get a "temporary" discounted subscription price for times like these when our favorite music is "temporarily" unavailable?

This album came out waaaaay before spotify was released in America... If you enjoy it so much you should already own it! Also this is not spotify's fault... You guys should try complaining to the record label... In the past for me that has had the best results.

I am a newer fan to these guys and them having this specific album was one of my major reasons for signing up for spotify. Between this and the fact that there droid x is totally broken I am seriously considering leaving spotify.

So I am in a similar boat.... The Avett Brothers Live vol. 3 has disappeared. For me the live version of these songs are preferable.

For example, the live version of "Murder in the City" is gone, but the studio recorded version, is there.

Is there anything that can be done?

I have followed suite... I'm not paying anymore until it comes back!

yep, just dropped my subscription as well.

Hi everyone - Of course we would like to have all the world's music available on Spotify (including the entire Avett Brothers collection). 

However, If you can't find the music you're looking for, your best course of action would be try contacting the artist or record label and ask why the music isn't on Spotify.  Rorey's set up a thread addressing this very issue right here

I think the reason everyone is upset in this thread is because the album was available.

...Spotify's Response...  "Give us your money and we will provide you a service. We are not  responsible if the service degrades! Talk to the "other guy" who you do not give money. "He" is responsible not us! We are the victim... We are at the mercy of the record labels.. blah blah blah"

Spotify contracts with the Record Labels and Artisit. If Spotify cannot maintain their relationships responsibly... They are at fault! 

I pay (now paid) Spotify to bring music to me so I do not have to deal with the Record Labels becasue it is an outdated model.. Then the response from Spotfiy, when the service degrades, is, "Go to talk to the Record Labels/Artists"... Ha! "We want your money but do not want to be resonponsible!"

New album on the horizon and I'm faced with buying it because I foolishly thought Spotify would provide me the music I wanted to listen to for $10/mo.

Saying I ought to already own everything Avett Brothers is a stupid response. Please forgive me for not falling in love with them until I was already a Spotify member.

Spotfiy, this is getting pretty old and you're about to lose me back to "the old way."

Suggested posts