Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The 'New releases for you' is gone (again)! Can i get it back?

The 'New releases for you' is gone (again)! Can i get it back?

New releases in discovery was so useful, it dropped out before but seems to have vanished altogether. Why do they do this?? It's very frustrating . . . is there a way to get the feature back?

33 Replies

Glad to hear it's at least reapparing for some people. Mine is still missing.

Yep it's gone again 😞

Yay, mine popped back up on my phone when I was in Slovakia (!) on hols. But not on my desktop version at home, which I use a lot. Just ridiculous . . .

Mine appeared again this morning! I'm glad it's back, but it would be nice to have some sort of correspondence telling us what the problem is or what we can do if it happens again...

Just downloaded the latest version and it's not there. I'm just going to look at other services at this stage. EVERY service whether online or otherwise has a facility for support. Spotify doesn't and it's a joke.

Not only is mine still gone, but I no longer have a Release Radar or Discover Weekly playlist. This has become an absolute joke. 

Are we going to get any further updates on this issue, or is this it? I've already resumed using alternatives at this point. 

I've heard nothing, but then again, I'm not even sure who I'm supposed to be hearing from. There is no support facility it seems. There doesn't seem to be anyone at the controls; It's like the Wizard of Oz, someone just shakes the curtain occasionally and you get this fob off. I'm looking at other services too but I've been basically too lazy to really put my mind to it - it's maddening you've lost so many applications.

The New Releases section, whidh did reappear on my phone, has gone again . . . contacted support so see if there's an answer 

FYI, to all those with the same issue: I finally got ahold of someone at Spotify. The official answer is that this section is *gone*. It has been removed and replaced with the shoddy "Release Radar" playlist, which--if your algo is anything like mine--is 99% singles. Very poor choice in my opinion, since the playlist requires 3-4 clicks on the iPhone just to see the album details. Those of whom still have the playlist only have it temporarily - it will be going away permanently, to be replaced with "Release Radar." That's probably the final straw for me, unfortunately.

Thanks. Mine actually returned there when I went abroad . . . bizzarre. It's a shame they're binning the best features

NO! This is just not acceptable. I will absolutely switch to Apple or Google just to make the point on how important this feature is. I'm a Day-One subscriber and have gotten the majority of my family using this service, but you keep killing the reasons I use it.

First, it was the messaging system. Now it's the New Releases. 

Aaaaand it's back, wonder how long it'll stick around this time. I'm thinking the apps API is just not very stable.

Welp. I guess I will be cancelling my Spotify after all these years. That was my favorite feature and the only way I found my new albums. F release radar. Bunch of **bleep** I don’t even like on it. 

**bleep** this service! Trashing the best feature

Suggested posts