Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The Sounds of Spotify/The Needle playlists

The Sounds of Spotify/The Needle playlists

I really enjoy the playlists that Spotify created with their tech - both the Sounds of Spotify and The Needle playlists that narrow down music taste by location or microgenre - how do you make those kinds of playlists searchable? I was only able to save them individually and not search for them using the search bar. Hopefully this will be possible!

1 Reply

Hi gabezilla,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

One thing that you can do to find more “The Sounds of Spotify” playlists besides the ones that you’ve already saved to your library is by visiting the website for this project, everynoise.com. There, in the “find artist” bar at the top right of the screen, you can type in the name of any artist that you’re interested in finding “The Sounds of Spotify” playlists for. After pressing enter, a list of playlists containing the artist that you searched for will appear right below the search bar. You can click on any of these playlist names, which will redirect the webpage to a “map” of artists within the playlist that you selected. Above this “map," you can click on “playlist,” which will open the “The Sounds of Spotify” playlist for this genre in the Spotify Web Player (or if you prefer to use the desktop app, you can right-click on “playlist,” select “Copy Link Location,” and then past the playlist link in the search bar in the Spotify desktop app).

For each genre “map" on everynoise.com, there are also other related playlists such as “intro,” “pulse,” “edge,” and “new” next to the primary playlist at the top of the screen that also will link you to a relevant “The Sounds of Spotify” playlist for that genre.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts