Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The disappearing Bowie track

The disappearing Bowie track

I’m hoping someone can explain.

im well aware why entire albums, as well as individual tracks become greyed out... either the artist hasn’t renewed the licence that allows Spotify the legal right to play it, or, it isn’t legally available in the region or country that’s trying to play it.

But one track in particular, a strong favourite of mine, keeps appearing and disappearing.  
the track is called “let me sleep beside you” by David Bowie. There are 4 versions available, but this live version is unique and is on the ‘Bowie at the Beeb’ album. 
it first turned grey about 2 years ago, and I was really ticked off. Slowly, a few others greyed out, so I figured it was licence renewal time. I waited.

and waited.

the other tracks came back, but stubbornly the one I want didn’t.  So I gave up. I then tried again a few months later...it was there! Then it greyed out again...for months. 
last week, I was building a playlist, checked, there it was working fine.  I played it repeatedly over the last week... come tonight, August 29th 2020, greyed out again.

its a very obscure track, it just seems that every time it’s free, I play it, then someone decides ‘ nope! That’s enough of that matey, no more’

what the heck is going on, please? 

1 Reply

This is probably the wrong place. I apologise. I only joined 10 minutes ago. Would someone kindly move it to the correct forum please? 
thanks.

Suggested posts