Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

This Track is Not Available in Your Country.. But it Is.

Solved!

This Track is Not Available in Your Country.. But it Is.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Operating System

High Sierra Version 10.13.3

My Question or Issue

I have previously been able to share songs easily with coworkers and friends through Slack by selecting "Copy Song Link" and pasting the link directly in the Slack channel.  Ever since about three weeks ago, we've all been seeing the error "This track is not available in your country."  Meanwhile, the song in question is playing on the Spotify app without issue.  What could be causing this?  Anything I can do on my end to fix?  I've reinstalled the app and contacted Slack (who blames y'all).  

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.55.06 PM.png
34 Replies

Hey @jet71dl,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

RE playlist embedded on web page - some songs unavailable in your country
I am experiencing the same problems described above. In my case, all the songs on the Playlist are performed by / produced by / belong to my client, and there is no discernible reason why certain of the songs should be unavailable in the USA.
We are in different states, using iPhone, Android, and laptop. We have different accounts. The same songs are unavailable throughout.
Responses by Moderator have been unhelpful. The issue is nothing to do with VPN or anti-virus software. Please refer this matter to somebody who can provide us with a helpful response. Thank you.

Hello? Please will somebody from Spotify please provide an explanation / solution to this issue? 

The songs in question play from the  Spotify App but not when embedded on a web page. Why are we seeing, "Not available in your country" - this is clearly not an accurate error msg so what is the real problem? 

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In case you get an error message when opening an embedded track in a third party app this means the app is trying to open an available playable version of the song in our database. The embedded content, on the contrary, doesn't work the same way as it connects to the exact song version which might not be available. 

Keep in mind that some Spotify features work differently across different countries. If the embed plays automatically in a browser outside your country, it may still require the Spotify desktop app when used within your country of residence.

We'll be here if you have any questions. 

I don't know anything about Spotify. I made the web site and I have embedded Spotify's own player to the page using an iframe. The code looks like this: https://open.spotify.com/embed/artist/284V...etc....

8/10 USA-produced songs by my USA-based client are fine. It's only 2 USA songs that are shown as unavailable ..in USA. Why those 2?

Are you saying that my client is placing into the Playlist the wrong copies of those 2 songs? 

Does Spotify provide the user a way to choose the right version for the majority of the world? 

Thank you for providing a little better understanding of the problem. A solution would be better still. How exactly do we arrive at a Playlist that works for most people who visit the web site? 

Hey there @chuckupd,

Thanks for keeping in touch. We'll be happy to shed some light on this.

Depending on where the tracks/links are added from and how one navigates to the sources, different versions of the same track might actually be linked. In the background, the app then tries to find the version of the track available for the person logged in at the time, if there is one. This won't be noticeable in the user experience, though.

On another note, if you're using our API in part to develop a website, we suggest reaching out to our Spotify for Developers team, who might be able to further assist you with this. It can be via Twitter @SpotifyPlatform or in the dedicated board on the Community.

We hope this helps. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

I am having the same issue.  I have a website that uses many Spotify links.  I have users in the U.S. reporting that it is saying "this track is not available in your country."

This page https://www.biblevox.org/song/hope-in-the-lord/ was created by inserting the URL https://open.spotify.com/track/19lHhFcXKfIrarE93XzJOV?si=iiABsDysTpSReRwdwAKCHw into my Wordpress site, hosted with Kinsta.com. Wordpress/Spotify autogenerates a player. The player displays, but when you click on it, it says "this track is not available in your country." If I click "play on spotify," it takes me to the correct link in my Spotify application. So the problem is not that it is linked to the incorrect file. The problem does not seem to be Wordpress, because the embedded player is being sourced from Spotify. It seems the problem is with Spotify.

I get this error when I am on my home network wifi network on a mac. I get the identical response on my iPhone when I am off wifi and am just using my cell service. The track is available in my country, and I am using no VPN in any of these instances. so the error appears to be on Spotify's side.

Ironically, I get the identical error below on community.spotify.com for this very post I am writing. I have attached screenshots.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 5.04.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 5.04.32 PM.png

I'm also having this problem.  Is "Yep it's broken, sorry" the official response from Spotify?

Is there a way to replace songs in a playlist with the correct playable song link, or find the correct playable direct song link somehow?

It blows my mind that lookups work like this under the hood.  No wonder my smart devices are always randomly stopping in the middle of a playlist.

@Jeremy

I do not have another account that I can try. The Spotify version I get the sharing link from is 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7 on a Mac. But the issues is in the preview for it on Slack, which i'm on version 4.12.0 on a Mac. This issue still persists randomly today.

For example:

I shared this link on Slack and the auto preview played just fine, 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1xrhCQVHA6GeQ7MIKjtvur?si=EIvJz0zcQymUPIAdy8w0oA

I then shared this link on Slack well after the one above and the auto preview gives the not available in your country error, even though i'm literally listening to it on Spotify and not on a VPN. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/2IQ55IFyww2HtADa9Ewsdq?si=nLyWWrJAR9GiAphI1_43aw

EDIT: Lol, it even does it for the previews on this forum.

Another person experiencing this problem here! I am logged in both via the web (obviously as I'm posting here) and via the Windows app and can play songs all day long but suddenly, my site embed says the music is not available in my country (US). I've tried using a plugin to embed it, tried embedding using the direct embed code, the built in WordPress Spotify embed app, and the manual embed code. All result in the same error. This did NOT happen previously and thus it is obvious something has in fact changed. This needs to be corrected and not just explained away.

This does happen to many people in my friend's discord server (all U.S. citizens), all who can play the song in the app but not in the link/embed on the server.
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We've taken a closer look backstage and this is expected behavior.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have been listening to the Song "Crazy La Paint" by Minimusicman yesterday, and when I got on today, the song says it is not available in my country. What happened? This is the only song I am having issues with.

I am having this currently happen with tracks I can listen to on spotify but when I post them on Tumblr it says the track is not available in my country. Other people on tumblr can see them as available but I can't. Oddly, this is only occurring on my desktop and not my smart phone. 
The extra annoying thing is if you click on the help it goes grey and says support.spotify.com refused to connect. 

This still seems to be an issue. Is this going to be fixed or should we just expect to never be able to embed Spotify playlists/songs?

Suggested posts