Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Tool for incorrect capitalized artist/songnames

Tool for incorrect capitalized artist/songnames

Hey Spotify-team,

I have since January 2019 tried to get some artists name corrected when it comes to displaying capitalized names. I have used the form to report an error and and always received a reply from Spotify that the "Content-team will take a look at the issue" but then there is no reply or change.

I primary want to report the artist Dir En Grey (spotify:artist:3kNqzLmW33fQIfmZ1OfqMA) which needs to be changed to DIR EN GREY, (there are also many other artist names) but also requesting for a better tool where we as fans, users and listeners can report these minor errors so that we all together, users and Spotify-crew can get things done easier and faster. The example with DIR EN GREY have been reported at least 5 times during the year of 2019 but nothing is happening. I have also been in contact with their record label...

Any Spotify-representative who can reply to this? And please do not answer with a generated auto-comment that only say thank you for your input. I am serious about this issue.

1 Reply

Hey @sebbivism,

Thanks for posting this here in the Community.

If you believe it'd be great to have a tool that Spotify users and music fans in general can exploit to report minor errors, such as those you described in your example, feel free to suggest this as an idea. To do so:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

If you'd also like to know more about how the Idea submission process is functional to having our users' feedback meaningfully handed to the right folks, take a look at this Spotify answer.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts