Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Top tracks for the month are wrong

Top tracks for the month are wrong

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My top tracks for the month are wrong. Songs that I've only listened to a few times are in my top 5. A song I've only listened to once is sixth. The Top 5 hasn't changed in weeks, despite me listening to certain songs on repeat. 

10 Replies

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?

Hi @jordanjordanjordan,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Charts like these are automatically generated based on what information the algorithm was able to gather for your listening activity. 

Note that if you're listening to music with Private Session switched on, the songs you play won't influence your algorithm.

Can you send us a screenshot of how Top Tracks look on your end so we can investigate this further.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

jordanjordanjordan_0-1662953291045.png

A song that I only listened to a few times, a month ago, is now number 1. Hoping for a fix to this. @Alex 

Hey @jordanjordanjordan,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshot.

Sometimes cache related issues may hinder the update of the dynamic playlists. Could you log out and log back in again a few times? Also perform a clean reinstall of the app as described here. Use the app normally afterwards and let's see what the next iteration of the playlist brings.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I'm having this problem too, I believe since last year and it certainly influenced my wrapped 2022.

The error is evident when I look at the spotity "on repeat" playlist and the songs that are there are almost completely different from the list of Top tracks for the month.

I already uninstalled the app on my phone and nothing changed.

I use it on other devices and even after logging in again the problem seems to persist.

Hey @Rodiv,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind that the content displayed in your Top tracks this month is automatically generated based on your listening activity. That being said, we suggest you make sure the Private Session is off, so the algorithm can gather enough info about your most recent listening activity.

Take into account that some songs may stay on your top lists for longer periods of time if you've spent more minutes overall listening to them. We recommend you keep listening to your favorite music, while checking the list every once in a while for potential updates. Give it some time and let us know how it goes.

It's also worth checking if your devices and the app are up to date. If the inconvenience persists after listening to music while making sure you're not in Private session or offline, it'll help us if you send us the Spotify version you're currently running. That content updates regularly, so please give them some breaks, explore some new music, and check in the coming weeks.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

yeah same thing is happening to me. a song ive listened to one time is in the top 50 while a song ive listened to countless times isn't even there. a song I listened to for a total of 20 seconds is 40th somehow. please fix.

I have been having the same issue. My top song is a song which I have never listened to. I know I didn't accidently listen to it somehow because it is an explicit song and I have always had my settings to not allow explicit songs to be played. However, it still remains at the number one spot despite listening to other songs on repeat 

same with me I listened to song twice and it is my number one and a song I have listend to 10 times isn't even on the list

I average about 5 hours of spotify on my phone, so i definitely listen to a lot of music. However, my #4 spot is a song ive listened to literally once, and the rankings are just incredibly wrong and innacurate. And if i check third party websites, they all say the exact same thing, so its not a visual bug, but its taken from the actual API.

Lastfm shows a completely different result which is much more accurate because it manually scrobbles by itself, so the issue seems to be spotify itself not tracking the music i listen to.

Is there any solution to this?
Thank you.

Suggested posts