Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Track won't play: John Coltrane

Track won't play: John Coltrane

"Giant Steps" will not play on the desktop program---only the web (Chrome) app. The rest of the album is fine, but track 1 just plays as if my speakers are on mute. (They're not.)

https://open.spotify.com/track/18KSLe1ScEmgFt1XnyRSCV

5 Replies

@simpcommgis

Hello:

The track plays fine for me, might try a quick log out and log back into the Spotify desktop app. You also might have to do a PC reboot after logging out of the desktop app and then log back into the Spotify app and try again. Also I did an album look up of this release, depending on listening regions there are three versions of that album Giant Steps available on the Spotify service, two 7 track versions and also a 15 track deluxe version. You might check and see if you have access to another version of this release to listen to? Load up the album page view of the album you currently see, and then look to the lower right and there should be a bubble window with an arrow pointing down at the bottom of the track listings showing how many more versions of this album are available to you.

Thanks. The track still doesn't work. Tried the other release, too.
Doesn't play.

@simpcommgis

Strange, care to post your listening region of where your Spotify account was setup in? Since you posted the songs will play correct through the Spotify webplayer, but not on the Spotify desktop app, you might try next a clean reinstall, the desktop app might have a corrupted cache issue. You can get the most recent Windows installer from here: http://download.spotify.com/SpotifySetup.exe

Thanks for your response. I'm currently in Alberta, Canada. I'll try the reinstall. Just seems so odd that a single track wouldn't work while all the rest do.

Many other tracks (on the dektop program) don't play either.

"Secrets" ~ Van Halen
"Africa" ~ Toto
""Small Man, Big Mouth" ~ Minor Threat

The list is too long to enumerate.

Suggested posts