Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Tracks become unplayable!

Solved!

Tracks become unplayable!

Hi, I'm an Italian user and this morning I noticed that all the tracks of my playlist based on a Sinatra's album disappeared.

I've searched into Sinatra's page and I noticed that a lot of his album became unplayable.

I've thought that was a problem related only to this artist and to old albums but I noticed that also a Oasis' album is now unplayable (The Masterplan, 1998).

I'm a Premium user and I can't accept this bad surprise.

Thanks for the support and sorry for my bad English.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, @orzo240If a song or entire album is unavailable to you it is likely due to the following reasons:

1. It's down to the record label in that they may have limited which regions would have access to the full album or the song you are looking for. In this case Spotify can't really do much about it and there is no estimated time as to when the music should be back in the catalogue.
2. It's a temporary issue. No need to worry as the album should be back in no time.

That's just how the system works.

View solution in original post

46 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello, @orzo240If a song or entire album is unavailable to you it is likely due to the following reasons:

1. It's down to the record label in that they may have limited which regions would have access to the full album or the song you are looking for. In this case Spotify can't really do much about it and there is no estimated time as to when the music should be back in the catalogue.
2. It's a temporary issue. No need to worry as the album should be back in no time.

That's just how the system works.

Hi, i've got a similar problem... 

There is a album called "on the shores" that seems playable, but when I click on the songs they wont start...

I can click them as they would play, but they just dont start to load.

Thanks @thehidd!

I hope that the second chance is the true one, because it would be a real fail for Spotify if the access to some important albums (Sinatra, Oasis,...) becomes limited.

I'm experiencing the same thing today.

Odd tracks are visible but will not play. These songs cannot be  loaded for offlinelistening either.

@neilmcg wrote:

I'm experiencing the same thing today.

Odd tracks are visible but will not play. These songs cannot be  loaded for offlinelistening either.

Keep an eye on this topic for more updates, this does appear to be an issue and the team are looking into it.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's 2015 and I have this problem still

I'm having the same issue with a local band, I know they haven't limited their region, and even if they did, I live in it, USA.

The tracks play fine on my mobile devices, but on my desktop version they don't play. 

Only one of their three albums play, Audiostrobelight (they're great check em out)

It also happened to one track from a Seether album, the rest of the album plays fine. 

Definitely would like a fix, or a workaround.

Thank You

Oct, 21, 2015

im having the same issue with 'if' and 'tighter' by mindless self indulgence, i know for a fact they are avalible for other people (my friend has them on his account), and i have never been able to play them.

Have the same issue. There's this band here in the Philippines named Silent Sanctuary. I can access it but some of their albums, I cannot. I can click on the album and the aong but it just wouldn't load and play. What's strange is my friend is able to access and even save the songs on her own spotify account. We live in the same country and we're both a premium user so this is just unacceptable for me as it is unfair. The band btw is a filipino one so it's just strange.

Were you able to find any solutions about the problem? My problem is same as you. On my android phone, I can't play the song or even make it load, however, I am able to see the songs on the album and the artist that I want. On my friend's android phone, the album and all the songs play well and fine.

I had a song in my library, and I listened to it several times, but it stopped playing. When I went to check why, it was faded out and unplayable. Please fix this. It was a song by isosine. Now I can't even find the artist while trying to look up the song.

Randomly, a song by Lana Del Rey from a movie soundtrack became unplayable. It's not artist related as all her usual songs are available, so why was I able to play it last year but suddenly it's missing in 2016?

This is a huge issue that needs to be fixed. I have had this problem with several different bands, and there is no pattern to it. It's 2016, why are we still having this problem that was brought up several years ago.

How come u have not got travis scott ft the weeknd-wondeful on spotify 

Yes!!! My Frank Ocean albums except Chanel Orange have become unplayable, i really want them to play

Same with Twenty One Pilots Regional at Best songs :'(

I didn't have this problem until I clicked the free premium trial. And I only signed up to skip to a certain song I found. Everything was going great until I pushed yes for the free trial. And now the whole cd is unplayable.
Could this problem be premium related?

I'm having the same issue with one of my favourite bands, "allred" and their album "someplace new".

Suggested posts