Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Turn Down for What - Punk Goes Pop

Turn Down for What - Punk Goes Pop

Does anyone know what happened to this song? It was on Punk Goes Pop Vol. 5 or 6. It was by Ice-T and Upon a Burning Body. It was one of my fav songs from the albums.
4 Replies

@Jmpjack

Hello:

Not sure what the deal is here is the release with that missing track / greyed out track on Punk Goes Pop, Vol. 6.

There seems to be two different versions of this multiple artist compilation on the Spotify service currently, here is the other one:

This second version has left off Upon A Burning Body and Ice -T song contribution to the compilation, and there has been added three other tracks in it's place on this second version of the multiple artist compilation.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.
https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing/

When I search the punk goes pop album only one vol. 6 pops up (the one without it). Is there a different way to access it?

@Jmpjack

Yeah, you can't find the other version anymore, the one with the missing track you are referring to from doing a search in the Spotify service. I would suspect that version of the release has been made unavailable now, and the other second version with additional tracks has been added in it's place.

I found the version with the missing track you posted about on the Spotify service through a Google keyword search, and a keyword title search returned back a Spotify album link still on the service but not reachable anymore by searching from within the Spotify apps anymore. This happens often when users have another version of an artist release album saved, and another release version of the same album of the exact tracks or a slightly different version release with extra tracks is made available in it's place later on. A Spotify user can still get to the saved version only through their account, but not search for it on the Spotify service anymore, and only find the replaced version through Spotify search. Seems Google was still able to return search information about the smaller track version of this release.

Also a wiki page about the album explains why the Upon A Burning Body and Ice-T track is now missing it was not included on the 15 track 2015 re-release. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_Goes_Pop_Vol._6 

it got removed from the album when they pulled the whole kidnapping stunt 😕 disappointing because it was one of the best 

Suggested posts