Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Type O Negative-Dead Again Album disappeared

Type O Negative-Dead Again Album disappeared

I want to know why the album Dead Again vanished like about 2 weeks ago. :'( Please fix this I can't live without listening to Type O Negative and I need to know why it was taken down.

7 Replies

It's gone from all other streaming services as well (Google, Amazon, Apple) ... 😞 

$$$ / contract issues with the record label I'd imagine.

Hey there @Betty9890!

Thanks for reporting this to the Spotify Community! 

With this issue, it seems as though it might be a content licensing issue between Spotify and a content distributor or label.

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available on Spotify. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the distributors or labels, or a change may happen in music ownership causing the music to be removed or not shown.

This article from the folks at Spotify Support explains licensing more in depth, and how it relates to Spotify.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks for posting to the Community!
Tim

This sucks **bleep** man :'(

As far as I recall, Dead again was released under Nuclear Blast Records. They had some issues in the past as well. The rest of TON albums are Roadrunner Records. Could be the answer, but it's just a shot in the dark.

http://www.spv.de/contact/

This is the company at fault for this. 

I think it has consistently been on Napster. Somehow, they still have a better library overall in my opinion. I switched from Napster to Spotify a few months ago and I have been very happy, BUT Dead Again is my favorite album of ALL TIME, so I would love to see it back. 

Having it on here for a while was one of the reasons I finally made the switch!

Pity, this is a very particular TON album. The sound is pretty different and was their last album.

Suggested posts