Type O Negative-Dead Again Album disappeared

Type O Negative-Dead Again Album disappeared

Betty9890
Casual Listener

I want to know why the album Dead Again vanished like about 2 weeks ago. :'( Please fix this I can't live without listening to Type O Negative and I need to know why it was taken down.

7 Replies

Re: Type O Negative-Dead Again Album disappeared

dhuuum

It's gone from all other streaming services as well (Google, Amazon, Apple) ... :( 

$$$ / contract issues with the record label I'd imagine.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey there @Betty9890!

Thanks for reporting this to the Spotify Community! 

With this issue, it seems as though it might be a content licensing issue between Spotify and a content distributor or label.

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available on Spotify. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the distributors or labels, or a change may happen in music ownership causing the music to be removed or not shown.

This article from the folks at Spotify Support explains licensing more in depth, and how it relates to Spotify.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks for posting to the Community!
Tim

ItsPugleRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Betty9890
Casual Listener

This sucks **bleep** man :'(

TamasOstrolucky

As far as I recall, Dead again was released under Nuclear Blast Records. They had some issues in the past as well. The rest of TON albums are Roadrunner Records. Could be the answer, but it's just a shot in the dark.

Larent

http://www.spv.de/contact/

This is the company at fault for this. 

MehHeh

I think it has consistently been on Napster. Somehow, they still have a better library overall in my opinion. I switched from Napster to Spotify a few months ago and I have been very happy, BUT Dead Again is my favorite album of ALL TIME, so I would love to see it back. 

Having it on here for a while was one of the reasons I finally made the switch!

Highlighted

Zamorano
Casual Listener

Pity, this is a very particular TON album. The sound is pretty different and was their last album.

SUGGESTED POSTS