Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to Upload Playlists

Unable to Upload Playlists

I have tried multiple time now to upload a playlist to the playlist exchange but keep getting an error message. I have tried multiple forms of the link such as URI, the playlist link, and just posting it in the text but it will not let me proceed... does anyone know what might be up or that I can correct? THANK YOU

This is the error message i get (below)

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 10.48.13 PM.png
6 Replies

Hey! I keep running into that same issue too, and it's super frustrating. Since it seems to be happening to a lot of people, I'm sure that it's just some sort of issue that the site is having at the moment, and my best bet is to just wait it out for now for a couple of hours or till the next day. Hopefully it will be fixed by then ! ๐Ÿ™‚

Okay, thanks!!

I just figured out the temporary solution until they get this fixed. If the URI copied from the app doesn't work, try inserting your user ID (NOT the display name, which is different for newer users) into the URI.

For example, instead of:

spotify:playlist:xxxxxx

try this:

spotify:user:xxxxxx:playlist:xxxxxx

You can see the user ID in your Account Overview. For newer users it will be system generated, containing a string of random letters and numbers.

I came across this kind of issues today and tried out what pjPug suggested and it worked:

Try this

spotify:user:xxxxxx:playlist:xxxxxx

Thans pjPug

Thanks so much for the help!

Thanks for the solution !

Suggested posts