Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to play certain artists

Solved!

Unable to play certain artists

Recently I've been experiencing the problem that I can't play any song of certain artists. For example: I can't play any song from eminem, ed sheeran or coldplay. And there are alsosome more artists. From those artists, no song will play and it says that the song isn't available, while the songs aren't grey but just look regular like they always do. I've tried to reinstall spotify, but the problem keeps occuring. And the problem doesn't only occur on my main pc, but also on my work laptop, and on my iphone. I have a few frieds who are also experiencing the same problem. I couldn't find any topic about this so I am asking you for your support.

So in short:

• From certain artists not one song will play and say it's not available, but the songs look like they always do.
  • Problem doesn't only occur on 1 device, but so far on 3 devices.
  • Friends of mine also have the same problem
  • Any other songs from other artists DO work.
  • Tried reinstalling, didn't work

Please let me know if you think you know what might be the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks!

53 Replies

I'm having luck now too. Redownloaded it and it is working for St. Vincent on my work comp now.

Thank You! It now works perfectly on my laptop, but still not on my Iphone or other devices that don't run on the windows store spotify. But still thank you!

Same problem in all devices... 😞

It seems to be fixed now on all devices!

I'm still unable to play Danny Brown at all

Have you tried deleting and restinalling the Spotify client on that device?
It worked for me to do that on iPhone and desktop.

same problem here (same as original poster, not others that say is the same but does not have crossplataform problem). Cannot listen to any song by Daft Punk or Phoenix, not on my PC, not on Web, not on my Android Phone, it was working fine last week, **bleep** is going on? we are paying for this how come Spotify is not paying attention or trying to fix this???

Have you tried signing out of all the devices. Redownloading and installing
fresh?

I am having this issue as well - cannot play any songs from Eminem, Beck, and others...not sure what the problem is but pretty annoying considering I pay for a premium membership...

**bleep** I CANNOT PLAY LANA AND SHE’S MY FAVOURITE ARTIST CAN I DO SOMETHING WITH IT??? I Pay every month for premium user and what I’ve got?? 3 days and I will cancel this stupid app and pay for another we have in Poland! I’m not gonna change accout and do some stupid tricks about it, have no time for this **bleep**. 

Does anyone have some email for spotify?????? Thy to find it but the only thing I found is some questions with answers about thousand troubles none of them about this ! 

I was having a similar issue with St. Vincent not playing. It's cleared up so it seemed like it was a license or server side issue. I did recenetly sign out of the devices it wasn't working on. Reinstalled them from their download sources (Apple App Store and Spotify's website) and it's working now. If you do talk to a Spotify rep through the customer service portal they will want you to import your playlists to an entirely new account using that same email. 

It's super frustrating. I was dealing with this late last week and earlier this week. It seems to be a rolling bug. I suggest signing out of your account and reinstalling a fresh download of the current app or desktop client and seeing if that works and isolating if it works or doesn't work on mutlple devices. 

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem for a couple of songs I wantbto listen to; other random songs just start playing. I even deleted and reinstalled it on my iphone 6. 

It ended up just fixing itself with an update I believe

Yes! You Have to send message to spotify. They created me a new account with my playlists and followers. And give me month premium for free

It's a rolling rights issue as far as I can tell. Signing out of your
devices and signing back into them helps but it also seemed to work itself
out for me. I can tell you trying to play from one device that isn't
playing the song and resuming on another device does seem to make the error
spread and vice versa.

Alright. Though there is no update yet for me. I've created something like
ten or whatever separate playlists for the song to hopefully work, tried
logging out, turning off the iphone. Zilch.

Spotify's costumer service was really not helpful but the issue I had
resolved either on its own or logging in and out of the devices. It's the
most frustrating thing and i wish there was an actual quick fix for it.

You can listen to music backwards on Spotify?!  Are there hidden messages?  :):)

Suggested posts