Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to play certain artists

Solved!

Unable to play certain artists

Recently I've been experiencing the problem that I can't play any song of certain artists. For example: I can't play any song from eminem, ed sheeran or coldplay. And there are alsosome more artists. From those artists, no song will play and it says that the song isn't available, while the songs aren't grey but just look regular like they always do. I've tried to reinstall spotify, but the problem keeps occuring. And the problem doesn't only occur on my main pc, but also on my work laptop, and on my iphone. I have a few frieds who are also experiencing the same problem. I couldn't find any topic about this so I am asking you for your support.

So in short:

• From certain artists not one song will play and say it's not available, but the songs look like they always do.
  • Problem doesn't only occur on 1 device, but so far on 3 devices.
  • Friends of mine also have the same problem
  • Any other songs from other artists DO work.
  • Tried reinstalling, didn't work

Please let me know if you think you know what might be the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks!

53 Replies

Any further updates on the issue?
Still happening to me, super frustrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUxGUbmV2FY

After a while my phone started working and my pc as well the following month. just by luck. 

Marked as solution

The real solution ive found without making an entirely new account is to follow, un follow, thrn follow again. It worked for me on all 3 artists i was not able to listen to. 

this is a problem for me but with songs from Ariana Grande, i can play her old songs from like 2013 but can't play her newer ones. I can play it on my phone, but not on my PC, just gets me confuuuseddd

try logging out and logging in. Or playing from one device and than
another. It's a rolling issue so it will eventually go away. I had this
issue with St. Vincent last year.

Never used this board before, just would like to thank you for the solution. It is the only one that worked for me. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey i've got a solution that may or may not work, go to the artist that is not being played on your account then click on the three little dots in the top right corner, if it says don't play thi artist then thats another problem however if it says play this artist just click on that and you can play them again, youre welcome 🙂

I found the solution!! I'll include some screenshots too.

Go to the artist on Spotify (mine was Simon and Garfunkel).

Press on the 3 dots in the upper hand right corner.

There should be a red 🚫 sign that says "Allow yo play this", click it.

Then it should now read "Don't play this".

Hope this helps! I know I was getting very frustrated!😂

20200314_160820.jpg
20200314_161018.jpg
20200314_160957.jpg

Necroing the thread in 2021 to say thank you for sharing the three dots/play artist fix, idk how it happened but nothing from Elsiane would play today & this was the reason. 👍

Had this problem now, 5 years later, and the solution of following-unfollowing-following again worked! Thank you. I had tried everything, from blocking and unblocking to trying to download songs and other things. But this is the only one that worked. Now I can finally listen to Orville Peck.

So glad I could help. It's such a specific and annoying issue. I don't know
how it's still happening.

I tried all the options you gave but still no resolution. The annoying g part is it's i cannot play only one song from the artist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

unfollow and then refollow them.

Yes - same follow-unfollow solution worked. Just those two steps worked. Spent an hour on chat with Spotify installing/un-installing, clearing the DNS cache, etc. Their eventual answer was get a new account. While waiting searched this forum until I stumbled on this thread. 

Suggested posts