Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unavailable songs on my account but not on my wife's

Unavailable songs on my account but not on my wife's

Good Day I have several saved songs that I used to play without a problem but all of a sudden they turned unavailable. The interesting thing is that in my wife account and some friends are available, we live in the same country. Why is that happening? 

Please help

4 Replies

Howldy, pipekunkar!

There could be several reasons why songs that were previously available on your Spotify account are now unavailable, even though they are still available on your wife’s account and your friends’ accounts. One possibility is that the licensing agreements for those songs have changed, which can affect their availability in different regions or on different accounts. Another possibility is that there may be an issue with your account settings or with the Spotify app on your device.

You could try logging out of your account and then logging back in again to see if force syncing the account resolves the issue. If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to Spotify Support for further assistance.

Not to be hounding you, but please keep me in the loop!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your reply, much appreciate it, logging out and then logging back in, did not solved the problem. So I guess I will need to reach out to Spotify Support, hope they answer fast.

Hey @pipekunkar!

Could you share the links to these songs as well as some screenshots which show how things look on your end?

It's worth checking if the songs have been hidden by accident: just tap the three dots menu of a track and select Hidden to unhide it. You might have also accidentally blocked the artist, so go to their artist page and tap the three dots menu to allow playback of that artist.

Something else you can check is if the unavailable songs are explicit: in that case you probably have the Explicit filter toggled on. You can toggle it off in the app's Settings.

If the tracks are local .mp3 files, note that they need to be physically stored on your device in order for them to sync in the app, so may need to upload them on your phone first. More info on how local files work here.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you have blocked an artist in the past none of thier tracks will show in the mobile app. Try using open.spotify.com to see if the show but are greyed out. Also be sure to turn off Explicit Filter if they are tracks with E on them and you have filter on it will be greyed out and won't play.

Suggested posts