Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unclear which tracks are new in Spotify's official playlists

Unclear which tracks are new in Spotify's official playlists

Dear Spotify,

Why do Spotify’s official playlist curators (for e.g. Alternative R&B) seemingly always copy, delete and add back old tracks with new ones? This makes it impossible to sort by date added, since all tracks (both new and old) have the exact same time stamp. New tracks are hidden among old ones.

Whenever I receive a notification saying that "Spotify has added 50 tracks to Alternative R&B", it is practically impossible to discern which tracks are actually new to the playlist. To start with, there are never 50 new tracks, so please stop trying to convey that impression. It seems to me that the vast majority of tracks are old and simply copied, deleted and added back together with (a small number of) new tracks.

Since this practice makes it impossible to stay updated on new tracks without going through the entire playlist every time, I very much refrain from following any other of Spotify’s playlists. It is simply too time consuming to manually keep track of which tracks might actually be new to any given playlist.

In short, kindly only add actually new tracks to the playlists. If previously added tracks are to remain on the lists, simply let them be.

If you (Spotify) have a solid reason for your current practice, would you please be so kind as to share it with us?

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed

Not sure why, but I will pass on your feedback about this.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts