Undo censorship on album “The Way of the Fist” by Five Finger Death Punch

Re: Undo censorship on album “The Way of the Fist” by Five Finger Death Punch

RL86
Regular

Have you heard back from them yet? I checked the album 2 days ago, but it’s just not the same anymore...

0u_075b4-cmsk
Regular

Totally agree with getting a warning on music being censored that is very annoying that happened, even though some may not agree with explicit music content it still adds character to music.

kirppu12

I love five finger death punch, and seeing Spotify just bastardise way of the fist makes me annoyed.

Like i use credit card which requires me to be 18 years so you'd think that i have already heard these "bad" words.

Besides there are much worse songs on Spotify like "i lit your baby on fire" so it's not about "thinking the kids" 

RL86
Regular

I don’t know that song (and I don’t think I want to, to be honest), but yeah, given that there are still people replying to this thread (which means a lot to me) I can tell Spotify simply doesn’t care...

We haven’t even been given a proper explanation as to why the album’s been replaced with the “clean” version.

Is it because they switched labels? Is it because of complaints from? Is it all just a mistake nobody bothered to correct?

I would love to hear from Spotify so we at least have an explanation.

RL86
Regular

Listening to White Knuckles right now from the windows desktop version of Spotify, it seems that Spotify has corrected the issue... checked it on my phone just now to be sure it’s not platform specific, and luckily it is not!

Thank you to whoever took care of it! But I speak for all of us if I ask you to please make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks!

FieryKitty
Casual Listener

Spotify forced a re-download today and it’s censored again with (clean) in the album title and no explicit. Over the summer break I’m switching to Apple Music. Spotify has forced the re-download of a censored version twice now with no warning and have removed the explicit version of one of my favourite albums entirely. I don’t pay them £9.99 per month for them to screw around when I can pay Apple the same amount and not have music randomly censored with zero communication. 

RL86
Regular

Just contacted them on twitter. Let’s see how long it takes them to give feedback and undo it... again.

spotify, I urge you to stop messing with the knucklehead community because we will switch services.

undo the censorship and make it permanent this time

FF6C185C-A721-4F3B-8818-C412C687AB9E.png

RL86
Regular

Within 2 hours I recieved a response from SpottifyCares on twitter.

turns out they are not responsible. They have forwarded my (our) complaint to the party responsible, now let’s all hope they will be sensible enough to right their wrongs.

7B380D56-832D-4279-82AB-D212B63EB9B3.png

FieryKitty
Casual Listener
The power of social media! Thanks for the update.
SUGGESTED POSTS