Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unwanted music keeps being pushed. Stop it!

Unwanted music keeps being pushed. Stop it!

Highly unwanted music keeps coming back in all Daily Mix lists

like many people I likes some music of the French  composer Eric Satie but I never looked for it in Spotify.
However, Spotify made me allergic for his music by adding a version of one or two of his tunes in almost all the Daily Lists and this for a long time already. Every time there is a new list i make sure to first find and delete another “Satie-remix” or “Gnosienne”..  How to get rid of Satie variations by various artists for ever?

thank you

2 Replies

Hey @dehondtimo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. 

Keep in mind that the way the Hide this song/ Dislike feature currently works is that it's playlist and device specific. This means that hidden songs may still come up in Made for you playlists like the Daily Mix and Discover weekly, since every new iteration counts as a separate playlist. It seems however that other users also requested this to be changed and posted this idea.  We recommend that you +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

Note also that entries in the personalized playlists are based not only on your personal likes, but also on your region and the music libraries of users with similar tastes. That's why it might take a while for the list to get filled  with more songs that haven't come up on your radar yet. You can help the algorithm by expanding your library with new liked songs and albums or liking additional artists. That would speed up the process.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I know that this is pretty old, and I don’t have an answer for you, but i’m going through something similar.

Lately Hindi, or Arabic or whatever it is music keeps on getting pushed to me, and I have no idea why. I’ve never listen to anything like it before, but it’s invading **bleep**ing everywhere. My romantic mix has been completely filled with it, and I have no way to filter it out or get rid of it besides just hiding it it’s been going on for a week or so but I haven’t been able to find any way to fix it. My sister wondered if I’ve been hacked, and I thought so myself for a little while, changed my password and everything, but after a bit of digging, I found out that this is apparently just kind of a thing that happens? Does anyone have any advice of how to filter out a language, or block a specific genre, or just fix my algorithm?
Pics attached to reference just how bad it’s gotten.

IMG_8948.jpeg

IMG_8949.jpeg

IMG_8950.jpeg

Suggested posts