Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Uploading music to Spotify

Solved!

Uploading music to Spotify

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or not but I'm an artist and I have a new project that came out in April and now that I've gone independent I want to upload all my previous projects on Spotify. I opened a Distrokid account and I managed to claim my Artist profile here on Spotify ( It's https://open.spotify.com/artist/4wZVFvacDiNWPIoF9QEua8?si=wM-flhm4Rp-74bjWtslKaw ) and when I try to upload my latest project through Distrokid I write up the name S.A.M. and it gives me a weird pop up and I have tried to even put my Spotify URI under the name SAM instead of S.A.M. but to no avail, it says that artist name do not match. I have contacted Distrokid about this issue as well but thought this might be a better place for an instant response. Is it wise to maybe try and upload the project to a different Artist name and then ask Spotify to move it to the real artist profile as I see no other way around it unless Distrokid solves this. Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward on hearing from you!

Best regards, S.A.M.

P.S. In the attachments below you will find screenshots of the messages I get whenever I try to use my real artist name.

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @kurchoxsam,

Welcome to the Community!

For all questions related to the management of your artist profile we suggest contacting our Artist Support team.

Click here to reach out to them. They'll be happy to help out and give you all the necessary info.    

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Stay awesome! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @kurchoxsam,

Welcome to the Community!

For all questions related to the management of your artist profile we suggest contacting our Artist Support team.

Click here to reach out to them. They'll be happy to help out and give you all the necessary info.    

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Stay awesome! 

Suggested posts