Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Us and Them by Pink Floyd is not complete

Us and Them by Pink Floyd is not complete

I think Us and Them is not complete, the song stops and I think it shouldn't be like that.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1TKTiKp3zbNgrBH2IwSwIx

It's only 7:49 while the song in YouTube is 7:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo

Or am I wrong?

EDIT: This should be in the Content Questions, I'm so sorry.

3 Replies

@jeffsandoval014

Hello:

Just a few things to consider.

1. Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of The Moon was intended to be listened through in it's entirety. It is a concept album, and as such breaking the songs down and placing them elsewhere into another Playlist for example, this ruins the flow and the intent of the album release altogether.

2. I looked at the version of the release on Spotify I have access to:

I noticed the track called Any Colour You Like picks up two extra seconds at the beginning of the track, which the information on the official release has that track at a time of 3:24, the release on Spotify has the time listed as 3:26. This could just be a slight meta data time stamp error, but one that is corrected when listening through of the whole release of DSOTM. This is understandable how this could happen, Pink Floyd created unusual sound effects between the major tracks at the end and beginning of each track on the original release. And so if the meta data time stamps are slightly misplaced, and a user plays just an individual track off the release on Spotify and not the rest of the tracks that follow, the track might sound like it is being cut off.

3. Pink Floyd's DSOTM was split into a continuous piece of music on the original album release, Side A and Side B on the release runs as one long piece of music on the original release.

4. If you have not done so, you might try listening through DSOTM in it's entirety, and also play around with the Spotify apps Crossfade feature. I have mine set to zero to keep a gapless playback effect working with music playback, as I tend to be a whole album listener, not a music listener of broken down best of single tracks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon

The information about the songs on the release, and how both sides of the original release run as one continous piece of music from the Pink Floyd Wikipedia page:

"Each side of the album is a continuous piece of music. The five tracks on each side reflect various stages of human life, beginning and ending with a heartbeat, exploring the nature of the human experience, and (according to Waters) "empathy".[8] "Speak to Me" and "Breathe" together stress the mundane and futile elements of life that accompany the ever-present threat of madness, and the importance of living one's own life – "Don't be afraid to care".[23] By shifting the scene to an airport, the synthesizer-driven instrumental "On the Run" evokes the stress and anxiety of modern travel, in particular Wright's fear of flying.[24] "Time" examines the manner in which its passage can control one's life and offers a stark warning to those who remain focused on mundane aspects; it is followed by a retreat into solitude and withdrawal in "Breathe (Reprise)". The first side of the album ends with Wright and vocalist Clare Torry's soulful metaphor for death, "The Great Gig in the Sky".[4] Opening with the sound of cash registers and loose change, the first track on side two, "Money", mocks greed and consumerism using tongue-in-cheek lyrics and cash-related sound effects (ironically, "Money" has been the most commercially successful track from the album, with several cover versions produced by other bands).[25] "Us and Them" addresses the isolation of the depressed with the symbolism of conflict and the use of simple dichotomies to describe personal relationships. "Any Colour You Like" concerns the lack of choice one has in a human society. "Brain Damage" looks at a mental illnessresulting from the elevation of fame and success above the needs of the self; in particular, the line "and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes" reflects the mental breakdown of former bandmate Syd Barrett. The album ends with "Eclipse", which espouses the concepts of alterity and unity, while forcing the listener to recognise the common traits shared by humanity.[26][27]"

Oh okay I get it, but is this something not for fixing?

@jeffsandoval014

Hello:

Yes users can report time stamping errors like this, you can find the information below:

If you've seen either

- a track, album, or artist in our catalogue with incorrect information (i.e. wrong release year, misspelling, etc.)

- different artists in the same Artist Page

- incorrect cover arts

- incorrect artists biography

or

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

Then you can report the error using the Contact Form. Once there, perform the following steps:

Step 1: Click on "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information".
Step 2: Click on the Green Button that reads "I STILL NEED HELP".
Step 3: Copy and Paste the track URI links to the songs into the field that reads "Song URI".
Step 4: Type up a description of the track issues in the "Tell us more" field.
Step 5: Click on the green button "SEND QUESTION".
Be sure to include all Spotify URI's in the body of the message!

After contacting Customer Support, you should receive an automated response from Spotify. The tracks will then be aggregated and reported to the content provider. Customer Support will update their database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent them an update with the correct data.

Suggested posts