Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

User Recreated my Old Podcasts And Presenting As Thier Self-Made Playlist

User Recreated my Old Podcasts And Presenting As Thier Self-Made Playlist

I am not sure if this is anything I can do anything about. I used to run a Podcast through Libsyn/Apple (old episodes are still available on my personal website). I transitioned to Spotify Playlists and advertised the newer lists here and got some followers etc. Now one of the said followers has created in duplicate the setlists from my old podcast episodes and is presenting them as their own playlist. I suppose there isn't really anything stopping them from doing that, just as one might recreate an old mixtape or collate a series of songs from a movie (i.e. Marvel MCU music) - but it does actually take me a lot of time to curate all the music, and mix it to create the episodes. So I guess the question is there any sort of intellectual property violation or anything or do I just have to suck it up and take it as a compliment that someone liked it enough to copy it?

1 Reply

Hi @TheThemeShow,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It would be best if you reach out directly to our Podcaster Support team here straight away. They'll be able to have a look at the content and help out. Spotify takes copy right very seriously, so they should be able to help.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts