Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Users choice

Users choice

What is the big deal with Future and Drake's new album being added to spotify. I feel like a kid and my mommy and daddy are telling me that I can't listen to the album. I have had people asing me how well I like spotiy and I tell them, its great. Update: Due to Spotify trying to determine or have already determined that this album doen't get added, I don't know anymore. I am a premium user and should be able to look up any music and add it to my library. I should not be searching for a song, and get the message no results found. I don't know how anyone else feels about their music, but I am very frustrated and disappointed in the way this is going. Up to the point of canceling my subscription. All albums are not a hit and we as users choose not to add songs to our library but to not even give the music a chance and give the users what they want is having me think that spotify's about us page is going to turn into all about them satisfying themselves and choosing what music is added and what music is not. All music should be added, unless specified or requested from the artist not to do so. Let the users decide like it has been.

3 Replies

@user-removed

Hello:

First there are no laws nor regulations that says music released has to be made available everywhere, or on which service or in what kind of formats. Artists can legally choose to release music only in CD and digital download buying versions and that is it. Artists are also free to pick and choose which services, and/or which streaming services not to make their content available to. All streaming services has content the others do not, this is a service game that is just going to go on for awhile until enough artists get sick of that, and just release their content to all services and stop the stupid game being played with their fans. That is the way it is, just like not all movie theaters always gets that brand new movie coming out, this all comes down to regional and now streaming service access which frankly kind of stinks.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

UPDATE:

New album can be found here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1ozpmkWcCHwsQ4QTnxOOdT

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I do understand what you are saying and did read Spotify's statement. In
what I am talking about is the new album that came out, Drake and Future,
and did do my homework before I posted, that this agreement was not
looking good. Just like Taylor Swift decided to remove her music from
Spotify by her choice and she gave a reason why. What I have read from
Drake is quite the opposite. But thank you for being kind and respectful
not to bash me. I really and truly appreciate it. And, you are correct in
what you stated. I just got frustrated because I couldn't find it and my
coworker told me to be patient and I wasn't so I can admit when I was wrong
to flare up. My disability is a struggle everyday and I look to my music
to get through the day. Thank you. Next time I will be ore patient. 🙂