Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

View previous versions of playlists

View previous versions of playlists

Hey, all!

Is there a way to view an earlier edition of a playlist? Here's some background. I listen a lot to the Sounds of Spotify playlists--they're an easy way to find good "mood" music and discover new artists. One of my favorite playlists was the Sound of Medieval, which was a lot of neofolk/world music/instrumental pieces. It was really great (except for the odd problematic band)! They recently revamped it, though. It's now almost entirely choral and similar styles, which is also pretty...just not what I really want. Since I have the free version of Spotify/am ignorant of how playlists can be revamped, I didn't save a lot of the music.

TL;DR Is there a way to view previous versions of a playlist?

40 Replies

You are an absolute legend! The Spotify Playlist Archive is a work of genius. Thank you.

Hi. You are truly a gift to humanity. Can you please add the Coffee and Piano playlist? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hi, I've just created a simpler UI for mackorone's idea. I've also added all of his archive to this new platform. You just need to paste the playlist's URL and that's it. Go and check it here

@DNes: Done!

Thanks so much for this!

Could you also add the playlist Mellow Bars to the archive? As well as B.A.E. please? I would really appreciate it. 

@dmasterflash_19: Done!

Could you also add Get Turnt as well please?

Sure!

Hi there! I've tried to add my fave playlist myself through Github, but I'm afraid I'm a hopeless newbie 🙂 Maybe you could add this one, @mackorone? You'd be doing em a huge favor!

Done!

Thanks a million!!

@mackorone holy **bleep**, you are amazing. I found this thread and your archive helped me find a song on a playlist I was looking for. Thank you SO MUCH!

@mackorone Could you add Revision Ballads to that archive list, and if possible find a version from 2019

@Mackorone - would you be able to add this one to archive? It seems to change names every month, so I'm not sure how that works? https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX8eMyhtzAuvp?si=7d14151f41bd4764

Done! Though I should clarify: the archive only tracks changes going forwards. It can't recover old versions, unfortunately.

@Mackorone Just added Disco Hi-Life as request !
thank u 

Would you also be able to add Relaxing Classic by Filtr UK?

@jamiesq Done!

◀️  📅  I found this trick a while back for seeing older versions of Spotify made playlists (not personal) and thought I would share it. Maybe you forgot to check a playlist one week and the playlist has already been updated with new songs. I know this has been a popular idea posted in the Community, but there is a third party solution.

List of supported playlists can be found here.

1. Copy the Spotify made playlist URL and go to https://spotifyplaylistarchive.com and paste the URL or search for it's name
  2. Use the calendar to pick the date you want. The green boxed days are the days you can select
  3. Use the "Copy track URLs" button to copy the URLs to your clipboard
  4. Paste them into a Spotify playlist via the Spotify web player or desktop app (keyboard shortcut or Menubar Edit ---> Paste)
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts