Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHERE IS "KING CRIMSON" ???

WHERE IS "KING CRIMSON" ???

For real?! I wanna hear my favorite artist and i can not please add them asap!
18 Replies

All king crimson's albums are not available on Spotify, actually the band doesn't have a channel, WHY IS THAT?
I do love their songs, So Please add them asap.

Hello @Shennawiii and welcome to the community,

King Crimson is actually not available on Spotify.

Spotify wants all the music in the world available to stream and works hard daily for that.

Unfortunately, availabilty of music on streaming service is always a decision of the Artist (or rights owner) and/or their label.

It can happen also that due to licensing problems some artists can be available partially in some countries only (as the licensing rules are not the same from a country to another).

When it's licensing problems, usually, it can be solved fast enough.

When it's an artist or a label refusing to have music in streaming, it's a hard work and the delay can be longer until Spotify convince them.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is there any progress on this case?

It would be very nice, if King Crimson would be added to Spotify or at least the title "21st Century Schizoid Man" ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ha!, good luck waiting for good old man Fripp to get on with the times!

On Last.fm, a site that involves just cataloging, not downloading or streaming music, they can't even use pictures of the album covers

Any news on convincing them Spotify? Really wish I could have them on Spotify ๐Ÿ˜•

To the best of my knowledge, Fripp holds the rights to all of KC's material and he's notoriously stingy with it.  He has even litigated against other music streaming sites for streaming KC songs.

I would not expect him to budge on this anytime soon, if at all.

Too bad, this would be such a good way for a new generation to discover this awesome band.

This is a great start!  There are now a couple recent live albums which weren't there a couple weeks ago.  Hopefully that this means there will be studio albums to follow. 

Let's hope they add them soon

King Crimson put a live album on Spotify! I would have missed it, if not for Dave Weigel's NPR interview about his book on prog. Both links below.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/18/534577902/can-t-prog-rock-get-any-respect-around-here

https://open.spotify.com/album/0ga8Q4tTXaFf9q3LvT8hrC

I think we need 'In The Court Of The Crimson King'  ๐Ÿ˜•

Lark's Tongues, Red and Discipline too... ๐Ÿ˜ž

They have so many fantastic albuns!

I'm really a big fan

Love how spotifys solution to not having them on there is to just put up their live albums. Whats the point of even putting them on if its not the original albums

We want King Crimson! 

What's wrong with them!

These are still not the original albums by Fripp

We want king crimson

Suggested posts