Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY ISN'T THE WEEKND ON SPOTIFY YET?!

Solved!

WHY ISN'T THE WEEKND ON SPOTIFY YET?!

I am not usually one to complain at your awesome service, but really if spotify is about introducing artists and sharing playlists you guys need to be in the mixtape scene. Spotify and mixtapes share the same values, they are meant to be spread. The Weeknd is going to be the next big thing and its about time you recognize him. A single youtube search will show you that his music averages around 1.5 to 2.0 million views. To be a little harsher, you guys are sleeping on this. WORK OUT A DEAL ASAP! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's not Jude's or my job to sign up artists, no. We're here to offer support to the Community. There can be a number of reasons why artists aren't on Spotify. You can see some of them here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/content/missing/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey,

We'd love to have as many artists as possible on Spotify! Take a look at my thread here, it goes into a little more detail: http://community.spotify.com/t5/General-Music-Discussion/Why-can-t-I-find-the-track-artist-or-album-...

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

They give away all their albums for free on their website The-Weeknd.com

Download them and then import them to spotify.

-Ryan

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to do that. They may give away their music for free, but that no doubt doesn't include licensing for commercial use. Added to that, we would need to know all of the licensing and publishing information, and indeed that they have all these rights.

Get in touch with the The Weekend and encourage them to get onto Spotify.

I meant for him to download it for free and import it in via his local files. Not you guys.
-Ryan

Oops 😉

isnt that your job?  and it's The Weeknd and its 1 guy.  #obviouslynotworthyourtitle

Marked as solution

It's not Jude's or my job to sign up artists, no. We're here to offer support to the Community. There can be a number of reasons why artists aren't on Spotify. You can see some of them here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/content/missing/
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

to tell us to contact them is your job?  we are the reason you have jobs or titles or volunteer work.   Just saying... I love Spotify, but the dude has been out since 10/11 and Crew Love is the only song on here .. lame. 

Generally it's down to the artist if they want to have their music on Spotify or not. Independent artists can upload their tracks to things like Spotify using aggregators. You can read more about this here -http://www.spotify.com/work-with-us/labels-and-artists/
Airhorn Enthusiast

Many of the files given on the-weeknd.com website do not play whatsoever on Spotify. 

The Weeknd now on spotify - Trilogy is a compilation album by Canadian artist The Weeknd consisting of a remastered version of the three mixtapes, House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence.

Now available in AT AU BE CH DE FI IE IT NL NO,  more soon as different countries have different release dates.

http://www.spotimy.co.uk/albumpage.php?album=6545

Hi Community!

this is my very first post in here, unfortunately to report an issue affecting the streaming of Trilogy, from the Weeknd.

It looks like there could have been an encoding issue on your end while uploading the tracks onto your servers...cut a long story short, vast majority of the tracks are corrupted, or play for 10 seconds and then turn mute.

Would really appreciate if anyone from the Spotify Team could follow up on this...perhaps a fresh reupload may fix the issue?

Thanks!

P_

when are the new songs like 'often' and the 'the king of fall' coming out on spotify??

Actually, The Weeknd specifically has a link of all the music services you can listen to his new album on his website and spotify is one of them. He posted a link on all his social media amd yet, it isn't on spotify! Yet he is promoting that it is! So where is it??

@whatthehell1

Hello:

To be honest I am not sure what is up with the newest release from that artist. I went to The Weekend artist page and there are like three releases of Beauty Behind The Madness on the artist page, all three exact copies of this release have the same tracks with only one track greyed out which is the track titled, Earned It (50 Shades of Grey). I even did look up information on all three release offerings, and no regions are currently showing available to stream, but for some reason the tracks are playable for me, but I am in the States so I am not sure what is up.

Anyway here check em out and see if any of them play for you?

spotify:album:7q6thErM1TVz3wu46kynOe

spotify:album:28ZKQMoNBB0etKXZ97G2SN

spotify:album:0P3oVJBFOv3TDXlYRhGL7s

Suggested posts