Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

216 Replies

didn't think this one posted, thats why I made the other post

I am so very sorry to tell you that Grooveshark VIP won't be able to keep your songs from beeing removed. You can download a back up list but that's the only thing you can do.

In my opinion the only way is to own the songs unfortunately buying each one of them.

flogging molly seven deadly sins. not the live version

Suggestion: Notify us when an artist or label has pulled their music off of the service, especially when one of the song affected is part of one of our playlists!!!

I just was playing songs from my "Covers" playlist and "Not Fade Away" by Florence + The Machine is missing!

LOOK, I GET IT IF THE LAWYERS MAKE BACK ROOM DEALS THAT RENDER A SONG UNPLAYABLE, BUT DON'T **bleep**ING REMOVE THE SONG FROM MY PLAYLIST!!!!!!!!

As someone said, it takes time and effort to put together a playlist – graying out a song that you gave up the rights to is one thing, but deleting it wihout any notice to us is **bleep**ED UP!!!!

SO pissed off with Spotify.  What the **bleep**, do I have to record every song I like with Audacity and save to an external drive??  <snip - mod edit>

Why listen to and support the artist when you cannot hear any of their music.   Music is supposed to be available for the entire world not just certian countries.   This type of scheme is all about control of the media and where it's directed to, and record labels decision of what country gets to listen to that song and artist.     They are doing a darn good job trying to control what we listen to and enjoy.  Better go back and buy those records, tapes, CD's, and not worry anymore about digital content since it's easily to control than physical copies of music.   Also record companies do this too with physical media by making it "out of print".  

I'm gonna love you, by jamie lawson has been removed!!!! i think...i don't know - would it be a bug???

Full-time remixes by Leland

Marked as solution

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

Hello there,

I know that sometimes tracks that first were available could turn in not-avaliable because of copyrights. But now suddenly more than half of the tracks in my playlists turned into not-available (mainly soundtracks). What happened?! I would be greatly dissapointed if the music will not return! Can anybody give an explenation?

Joris

See my previous post. I asked Varese Sarabande. They responded very quickly: It's temporary due to a distribution change in Europe with Colleseum. Things should be back up within the next few weeks or a month.

I find it interesting that you repsond to a user from Feb of last year with the same canned response to a member from a week ago. So in other words you have no idea. 

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

Slim thug- chuuch !!! You have all his songs except this one why?

But why can it be on one day and gone the next.
6lack had 2 new songs on and now they are both gone.

@Jon_Hermansen

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For the longest time I was listening to Mac 10 on Spotify, then one day it was gone. It really sucks cuz that was one of my favorite artists to listen to.

The weirdest thing, it is suddenly available again.

hi rbd songs were on Spotify and now all of them were taken off and they were in my list come on stop doing this the more u take them off the more people will leave Spotify and find a better music app that doesn't take away there favorite songs.

@MONICA31

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

is there any future with Suicideboy$ and some of Bones's songs?

Suggested posts