Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

216 Replies

Also dangerous minds from the movie as well as the remixes from earth wind and fires greatest hit album if you are gonna remove songs I want to listen to then I might as well stop paying the £9.99 a month I'm paying curiosity by Aaron hall is another song I listened to you got rid of feel the funk by immature you got rid of its out of order I've pretty much paid for what I listen to and then be telling me I can't download anymore I have been a subscriber since 2011 so sort it out!!!!!!

I had the Joe double back album saved on a playlist and it dissapeared ... Why was it removed?? I keep looking for it thru his albums and not available

Hey @Mimi5278,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

More info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

https://open.spotify.com/album/5Pf9AqcdskIZ5WY2eIhquu

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So why would Spotify remove almost 3/4 of my playlist?  That's the question I want to know.  It wouldn't be such a big issue if there was a way to backup the playlist songs.  Now I have no idea what I've lost.  Thanks for that frustration. 

@Brewsk

Hello:

The Spotify desktop app and mobile apps have a setting to show unavailable tracks in playlists for when music becomes unavailable. I use it often as a guide to check back later with artists when their music has gone missing, as music on Spotify tends to have licenses and these are renewed often and content comes back.

Just go to your user image on the Spotify desktop app upper right hand of the app, click on the pull down tab, click on settings, scroll down to Display Options, Show unavailable songs in playlists.

Why do you have the Album but not all songs on the Album

I hate that you remove music, if we have it in our playlist and we already have a membership, let us keep the music but for everyone else, remove it 

Exactly... Why are certain songs from an album missing if the rest of the album is there?
For instance a few songs from the band RED's album "Innocence & Instinct" are missing. Namely: "Intro (Canto III)," "Out From Under," "Overtake You," and "Nothing and Everything" all stick out to me as omissions from Spotify's catalog

I feel you

Follow me

Recently i've discovered that a song has been removed from Spotify, but just a single song, there is still plenty of songs from the same artist available, can anyone shed some light as to why this happened?

The song in question is "Diamonds" by The Boxer Rebellion. https://play.spotify.com/track/7oOVGPwNmB8JVoBhWlTdht?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medi...

Edit: It seems the whole album this song was on has been removed, "Promises".

Had a ton of great Indian songs (from Swades, Zindagi Na Milengi Dobara, Rock On etc) removed suddenly the same way. Moving on to Youtube Red, since Spotify doesn't seem to care about striking a deal with Indian music distributors.

I understand where He/She is coming from I just looked up a song and it wasn't there so I tried YouTube the had just came out so I was wondering why Spotify didn't pot it up BTW the song was Self Righteous-Bryson Tiller

Yeah, I totally agree it is annoying as **bleep** when an artist you like is suddenly *poof* gone, or when you find out they have 3-4 other albums that are available elsewhere, but not on spotify. 

Streaming music isn't exactly cheap and this just highlights the impermanance of it all. I can accept that when my subscription ends I will lose my library. What I can't accept is that while I'm STILL PAYING I'm losing my library.

Could Spotify at least let us know when a music or album we have on our music is going to be removed? thus we could buy the album and add to the local files...at least

Just got so many Indian songs removed from my playlist.. especially the popular songs from Hindi movie "Fitoor".  Very very disappointed. I've been a paying Spotify member for over a year and a half now and I've decided to cancel the subscription after this month and join Youtube Red instead for the same money.

Spotify, just one suggestion for you - I understand that sometimes you cannot stream some songs due to copyright issues, but please do your due dilligence proactively instead of passively. You should figure these issues out (sign contracts and whatnot) _before_ you list a music on your service so that you don't have to remove them later and destroy so many playlists. I never saw these issues with Youtube. Time to switch.

You guys removed all my favorite Icon for Hire songs... I'm paying money for this to listen to these bands because other apps are way unreliable and you do this to me? I'm dying to get these albums back thanks!

today the offspring songs are deleted. They are "The Offspring" pay the man what they deserve. i really decided to cancel my premium.

Yep. All Offspring gone. What the **bleep**. I am going to look to cancel if this has been removed and not some technical reason. Whole bunch gone lately and this is the last straw.

While this is a lovely sentiment it is not a helpful answer. Once a song is removed form someone's playlist an alert should pop up when you open that list or at least a general mia culpa/apology blip should appear in the spot where the track/artist used to be. The music business is hectic and I am sure I would pull my song too if you only paid me $0.02 every 3 times it was played but as a consumer if I want to hear A Boogie's "Bag On Me", as I lumber along on the treadmill then I should be able to.

In the mean time keep paying Spotify for variable service and we will continue to provide empty, meaningless customer support.

Suggested posts