WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

Re: WHY do you keep removing songs???

themanfromearth
Casual Listener

Had a ton of great Indian songs (from Swades, Zindagi Na Milengi Dobara, Rock On etc) removed suddenly the same way. Moving on to Youtube Red, since Spotify doesn't seem to care about striking a deal with Indian music distributors.

Kailah_11
I understand where He/She is coming from I just looked up a song and it wasn't there so I tried YouTube the had just came out so I was wondering why Spotify didn't pot it up BTW the song was Self Righteous-Bryson Tiller

Typofest
Casual Listener

Yeah, I totally agree it is annoying as **bleep** when an artist you like is suddenly *poof* gone, or when you find out they have 3-4 other albums that are available elsewhere, but not on spotify. 

Streaming music isn't exactly cheap and this just highlights the impermanance of it all. I can accept that when my subscription ends I will lose my library. What I can't accept is that while I'm STILL PAYING I'm losing my library.

winterwulf
Regular

Could Spotify at least let us know when a music or album we have on our music is going to be removed? thus we could buy the album and add to the local files...at least

abhishekdelta

Just got so many Indian songs removed from my playlist.. especially the popular songs from Hindi movie "Fitoor".  Very very disappointed. I've been a paying Spotify member for over a year and a half now and I've decided to cancel the subscription after this month and join Youtube Red instead for the same money.

Spotify, just one suggestion for you - I understand that sometimes you cannot stream some songs due to copyright issues, but please do your due dilligence proactively instead of passively. You should figure these issues out (sign contracts and whatnot) _before_ you list a music on your service so that you don't have to remove them later and destroy so many playlists. I never saw these issues with Youtube. Time to switch.

UnicorniBubbles

You guys removed all my favorite Icon for Hire songs... I'm paying money for this to listen to these bands because other apps are way unreliable and you do this to me? I'm dying to get these albums back thanks!

dovahKing66

today the offspring songs are deleted. They are "The Offspring" pay the man what they deserve. i really decided to cancel my premium.

infusednz
Casual Listener

Yep. All Offspring gone. What the **bleep**. I am going to look to cancel if this has been removed and not some technical reason. Whole bunch gone lately and this is the last straw.

Big_Ken

While this is a lovely sentiment it is not a helpful answer. Once a song is removed form someone's playlist an alert should pop up when you open that list or at least a general mia culpa/apology blip should appear in the spot where the track/artist used to be. The music business is hectic and I am sure I would pull my song too if you only paid me $0.02 every 3 times it was played but as a consumer if I want to hear A Boogie's "Bag On Me", as I lumber along on the treadmill then I should be able to.

Highlighted

Composer1750
In the mean time keep paying Spotify for variable service and we will continue to provide empty, meaningless customer support.
SUGGESTED POSTS