Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

216 Replies

I have one it was Wasteland by Absolute Thoughts, it was  a small bamd with 3 followers and one son gbu tnow theyre gone

Here's something decent while you wait,  

FRESH HiP HOP OUT OF NEWARK NJ ,From NateTheGreat , Lets give this kid a chance 

https://open.spotify.com/track/4iOyjhzdJbFQaQCYmyP6DL?si=UcFaQk-eSuSkVOUl8wWCbw

That is not something I agree with. Performing artists with record labels make plenty of money. The restrictions placed by region etc are more for control of financial rights by record labels than to help a poor starving artist to a square meal. If you believe otherwise, I laud your simplicity and faith and will not even attempt to dissuade you in your noble pursuit to make the rich richer.

However, the main issue is that platforms like Spotify actually help artists sell more. I have an extensive and valuable collections of vinyls, CDs and cassettes and I rarely, if ever, make a purchase without listening to the full album on a relatively cheaper platform. I have bought seldom heard, seldom played and of course, seldom bought artists just on the basis of what I liked of their album on Spotify.

By pulling their stuff on Spotify, they are actually negating a chance to free publicity  and to advertise for  a song, no pun intended.

Yes, this is why many artists are on Spotify. But certain artists such as Jay-Z have their own service, so there is no reason why they would put in on Spotify.

Jessi's Ssenunni was there a day ago and the next morning, it was gone. I don't understand. Please add it back to the playlist

I really think it would be nice if they at least told people they were removing songs.

I agree.

I just saw that they took off all the live tracks from FFDP the wrong side of heaven. Why am I paying for ths service? Itunes still has the songs why doesn't Spotify. 

Why don't I just call up their record label and ask them to put the songs back. That is Spotify's reponse. 

Hey Spotify, just wondering, why can't i listen to Leighton Meester's Heartstrings album on web player? Is it not available on spotify or is it just my laptop?

Is H.S.A.S one of those groups?  It would be odd since Hagar and Journey are both found on Spotify.

“Wild and Free” by 8 Graves has VANISHED from Spotify. Try to find it, watch, it’s GONE. Suck some **bleep**, Spotify. Like seriously, wth.

I can't access the Theme of Phantom R anymore

They made it not avilable in my country

Why on earth would you take down an entire album ("First Ditch Effort" by NOFX) but only keep two of the songs? Doesn't make a lot of sense if you ask me.

NEEMA V is an open source artist ( maybe licensed under bipcot license:) has lots of music. You had a song “I own me” on Spotify then it was removed. I know he didn’t request for it to be removed. 

That's really frustrating. They never tell you why the songs are gone, they just disappear. I just tried to listen to a live album from All that remains that was in my library. The songs are still there but I can no longer play them.

One of my favourite songs was removed too “sunrise” by “snø” and I went to play it but I wasn’t there I thought it was abit peculiar, had it been removed or is it a bug??

is there a way to find out what songs where removed? thanks!!

Holy Grail from Jay-Z and Travelin Soldier by Dixie Chicks have been taken down, I wanted to listen to them but couldn't find them on my playlist anymore, then found out I couldn't find them at all

My answer to that is: DON'T CALL YOURSELF A MUSIC SITE THEN! The whole idea is suppose to be adding music, not deleting it. 

I understand how you feel. They added and removed 2 songs from here about 20 times already. It's starting to get annoying. 

Suggested posts