Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

216 Replies

Same happened to me like 4 times already... smh

... As an artist it's quite disappointing when your song(s) are removed from a Spotify playlist, after maybe doing  many efforts to get there. Whenever this happens, it would be nice if the artist or label should be reported bout this I think. 

It shouldn't happen would be just

I completely understand why this happens and that it is most of the time outside of spotify's control.  However, a feature request would be to have a some way of notifying users when their favorite music is removed from spotify.  Instead, the currect functionality seems to be to quietly remove that song from all playlists the user has.  This is a real detriment to user experience because we might never listen to that song again if we had planned to use playlists to track it.

Seriously?? The most disgusting thing you’ve EVER read on an online forum?? You need to check yourself in SkaterKrisHawk, ya **bleep**. I use Spotify to compile a large list of a few songs from my favorite artists, of those who I already have CDs from to make it easier that changing CDs in my car all the time and when Spotify decides to remove some of those songs, yes I DO get **bleep** off just like anyone does. I have spent thousands of $$$$ on albums since the 80’s and Spotify has made it possible to put all those albums in one place. I pay for premium Spotify so I deserve to get my money’s worth and when they remove  songs willy nilly then yeah I will get pissy, so pull ya head out of yur 20 something **bleep** and smell the roses. 🖕😕🖕

Dude I’m seriously so triggered by this, that was my favorite song on the album

I know this is an old post, but could you guys add a reason and contact info why it was removed so we could contact the artist/label to get it added again?

Yeah, they recently just took off my favourite sountrack...  Hairspray!!!  Can you put it back please???

@SkaterKrisHawk wrote:

This one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever read on any online forum and from what I can assume you are probably a minor. 

I have thousands of vinyl records audio cassettes and CDs and im in my 20s.

Artists make barely anything and they only put their stuff on Spotify because of a “bandwagon” and it helps with promotion Spotify claims.  Music artists are pulling out of Spotify because Taylor Swift was the first artist to sound the alarm bells and others are following suit. They literally make less then a penny for each song played.

I use spotify for Music I have already purchased in stores or on ebay if its out of print. If you are that enraged music has been taken down, it means you should respectfully purchase that album if you have listened to it that much.

You're an imbecile, plain and simple. If you can't picture a scenario where someone might want to listen to music but not afford to but every god **bleep** vinyl they would need to, there's really no other description for you. Also, this being the most "disgusting" thing you've ever read on the internet is a ridiculous hyperbole and it shows how petty you are. 

Artists put their music up on Spotify because they know it's what the masses want and can afford. Being an elitist **bleep** and saying you should only listen to music if you buy it directly is so retrograde and pathetic, it's impressive you even dare say it. Spotify is nothing more than a customizable radio. And if an artist doesn't like it, he may not post his music on Spotify.

Not to mention, it's stupid to think record sales influence artists in the least. Their moneymaker is live shows  not record sales. Always has been and always will be.

Get your head out of your rear end. 

I wish it would tell us what and when the songs are removed so I can listen to them on other medias. But that would be an un-selfish and doubtful thing for a company as large as this to do. 

I wish they would have some type of alert. My cable tv tells me when certain channels are changing or going away.

This is my only regret... i feel so sorry for my deleted 500 gb of mp3 archive at the first day of premium spotify purchase....

Listen, Spotify are going to have to make it possible in some options screen to upload an album we've bought as per the advice here without needing any particular wifi specifications or PC local folde. I just went looking for a track I actually did have in a playlist, I'm kind of annoyed it's not there, I understand the sensitivity of artist and publisher materials, or the fact that things change names and whatever might happen. But now, Spotify are basically telling us, we don't really care if you're paying 9.99 per month, look at all the music you've got in your library and crying about one song, maybe you need to learn gratitude, well, it's not about gratitude really, it's about having what you paid for. Now since you can't honor your agreement even if it's 0.000X% of the library that's fine missing, can the developers add an option in there for upload music? The player is still valuable to me as yes, there are many other songs still on it.

That would be nice.

Lex

Taylor Swift was not the first to sound the alarm bells.

Tool have still refused to put their music on spotify, apple music, etc to this day and haven’t caved like her.

speaking of them, because of this I have pirated all their albums (all 4) but it is justified because I’m also buying their stuff on vinyl. I own one of their albums and another is being shipped atm. 

Spotify is dodgy with songs being added and deleted, so illegal downloading is an easy alternative. I only do it when I already own or will own an album in hard copy, because then I am still supporting them for their work. 

It’s wrong to steal music, but not if you have also paid 45 bucks for it in another format.

Can you add back the song “don’t touch me I’m going to scream” by my morning jacket? Because this has completely ruined my Spotify experience by coming to the platform and realising songs/albums have been removed 

That is the same here I don’t see Ice Cube’s We had to tear this motherfcka up off the predator or Marilyn Manson’s Redeemer on Queen of the **bleep** soundtrack does Apple Music do this to or is it like that to

Sometimes Apple Music does remove the same songs.

Alright I am glad knowing that cause I didn’t wanna have to switch over to their service then to find some songs not there as on Spotify better safe than sorry this is why I continue to buy music/albums rather besides stream them

Why so many KPOP songs are added a few hours or days later on Spotify ?

And yet the counter to that argument is the fact of saying that "oh just buy the physical copy 4head", your basically justifying that Spotify's online/offline music streaming service shouldn't exist which devalues music streaming services overall. When in reality, people want an online streaming service, invalidating it's over all existence plus what was to stop them from not designing Spotify or iTunes, etc. If we want to go that far, then no online streaming services should exist by your logic. We're in 2019; nobody buys physical copies these days, so what if I want to run a song/couple of songs but to buy the whole album? Uhh no, that ain't it chief. Let me/us run the specific songs we want w/o having to do a **bleep** thing.

Suggested posts