WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Johnnykyoung
Casual Listener

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

View solution in original post

173 Replies

lewissims12
Visitor

ADD THIS BACK PEASE IT KEEPS ON GETTING REMOVED EVEN THOUGH IT IS COPYWRTIGHT FREE AND NCS MUSIC.                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88mWCoccF54

Cardkillah
Casual Listener

I agree. I went to listen to "Lazarus" by Placebo from the album "Meds," and it wasn't there. I know it's been there, because I used to listen to it all the time on Spotify. Now, it's gone. To be fair, there is a general release, and then a "U.S. Release Version" of that album, but apparently they decided to switch and remove that song or switch album vesions? Streaming music is amazing! However, it doesn't come without the downside that one day you want to listen to a song/artist, and then all of a sudden they're just...."gone" because a lawyer didn't want it there, or they violated some arbitrary PC culture rule and should therefore be wiped from human record. Caveat emptor. Caveat emptor.

postboxcool
Visitor
Self removed their most popular song Stay Home from the movie Shrek and I be livid rn.
so many songs missing from the shrek soundtrack smh.

Also Wuh Oh removed their Wuh Oh EP which you can't even find anywhere now except for one song on it and i am sad man.

cl3ara5wat3r
Casual Listener
I came to realise, my friend, after some research of my own, that the
reason for this removal or disappearance of songs is often due to one of
these:

• Rights discrepancies between original artists & publishers.

• Discrepancies between Publishers and third party sources, I.e.
Distributors, like spotify, apple music, Google music etc.

• Licencing funds unable to secure on-going distribution, I.e. can't
afford to keep their song on stream

• Contractual discrepancies resulting in change to terms and conditions,
licenses, royalties and rights between artist and distributor.

• Change to distributor terms after induction of new laws.

In closing, it's not always the artist's fault or Spotify's fault,
sometimes it's the result of changes that induce side effects.

Examples:
Michael McCann, the sound engineer for Behaviour Music Canada, and the
creator of the sound track to 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution', temporarily
stopped streaming the OST on Spotify, and after some official changes,
about 3 - 9 months later, the OST became available again.

'I wanna know' by Röyksopp, was actually released before 2014, though the
rights were challenged 1 or 2 years later and the song was removed,
suddenly, in 2019 it had reemerged under the 'Lost tapes' album title and
is available once again.

It's difficult to ever know the reason behind the loss of music, but the
positive is that sometimes it's temporary, returns, under a new name or
artist, so try searching within the genre that the song belongs, and you
may become pleasantly surprised.

Don't be sad friends, be adaptive & protective about your music.

All the best
xxxX

roninrd
Visitor
Lol it's not spotify's choice they're just trying to follow the law. Plus the music is property of the artist/record label.

krissgram
Casual Listener

That is the same here I don’t see Ice Cube’s We had to tear this motherfcka up off the predator or Marilyn Manson’s Redeemer on Queen of the **bleep** soundtrack does Apple Music do this to or is it like that to

Jtpav10
Music Fan
Sometimes Apple Music does remove the same songs.

krissgram
Casual Listener

Alright I am glad knowing that cause I didn’t wanna have to switch over to their service then to find some songs not there as on Spotify better safe than sorry this is why I continue to buy music/albums rather besides stream them

hairspray

Yeah, they recently just took off my favourite sountrack...  Hairspray!!!  Can you put it back please???

bahadircagri
Casual Listener

This is my only regret... i feel so sorry for my deleted 500 gb of mp3 archive at the first day of premium spotify purchase....

nonosnow

Holy Grail from Jay-Z and Travelin Soldier by Dixie Chicks have been taken down, I wanted to listen to them but couldn't find them on my playlist anymore, then found out I couldn't find them at all

nmv-3b_tdf6o9

NEEMA V is an open source artist ( maybe licensed under bipcot license:) has lots of music. You had a song “I own me” on Spotify then it was removed. I know he didn’t request for it to be removed. 

Jtpav10
Music Fan
That's really frustrating. They never tell you why the songs are gone, they just disappear. I just tried to listen to a live album from All that remains that was in my library. The songs are still there but I can no longer play them.

sam_lockhardt

Why on earth would you take down an entire album ("First Ditch Effort" by NOFX) but only keep two of the songs? Doesn't make a lot of sense if you ask me.

clankfandom100

I can't access the Theme of Phantom R anymore

They made it not avilable in my country

Keithkeith504
Casual Listener

“Wild and Free” by 8 Graves has VANISHED from Spotify. Try to find it, watch, it’s GONE. Suck some **bleep**, Spotify. Like seriously, wth.

artful_dodger59
Roadie

I understand how you feel. They added and removed 2 songs from here about 20 times already. It's starting to get annoying. 

Steiky01
Casual Listener
Same happened to me like 4 times already... smh

tgkdfdfjk

Hey assholes, you just lost a customer. You removed my favourite album. Other services didn't. (I wanted to tell you which but this stupid form validator doesn't allow me to use explicit names)

Jtpav10
Music Fan
I locked myself in for a year at $99. When that year is up I'm gone.
SUGGESTED POSTS