Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

216 Replies

Hopefully Apple didn’t remove the songs you are looking for as well. I have noticed this happening with some of the songs I like. They disappear from both Apple and Spotify.

Apple Music seems to have most of them (90% ++)

The competing streaming service, tidal?, probably outbid the artist/label for exclusivities on the track.

I mean what makes more sense than to have some exclusivity on your service to get those happy customers rolling in, right?

Basically, if you do not why something is the way it is, most likely it is because of money. 

I notice that with many Disney and Pixar Soundtracks. For example, Put on your Sunday Clothes and "Takes a moment" on the Wall-E Soundtrack, and Beyond the Sea on Finding Nemo Soundtrack. And even some songs on Disney classic animated movies like "Friend like Me" from the animated Aladdin.

Maybe removal from Spotify and removal from Apple Music and removal from Amazon music as well as removal from YouTube music are all connected?

So great music is gone.... lost to emotions and denied to the rest of us who need to listen to songs that inspire, songs that touch us and sooth our damaged hearts and lift our spirits.  What's the DEAL with you guys I grew up with and now the little pleasures I have vanished with the breeze.  How ridiculous and totally unnecessary a statement CSN and Neil have attempted to make.  What's next..... rant about the gas prices and clueless Joe?    

ok, yesterday, I was peacefully listening to songs when I noticed, so many songs were greyed out! like, Ariana grande's, Lil has x and a lot more artists' songs have been greyed out! help. PLEASE!

why is ink nightcore author removed it's my fav songs and no friends whyyyyyyyyy

im heart breaking

im 12 years old lol hehehe

Bring back salmonella dub and all the other artists you’ve removed!!!

they pot my good musick dwon what was pink elepahntand that was so good tu lisent tu now ai need tu lisin at youtube😫

Not even an hour ago I was listening to The New PokeRap by Starbomb then I go to play it again and it says unavailable.

Why did the "various artist" compilation albums disappear? I can accept that a agreement can't be reached some time. But why do you just take it down without leaving any information about where to find it instead? I ca't even find the name of the songs when I go to the album.

After a decade of enjoying Spotify (premium), and months of beeing ignored by their Support, I finally ported to Apple Music. no more problems.

I have to agree, I just checked my playlist and now Autograph - Sign In Please is gone! This gets real damn annoying! 

You're a DAMN MUSIC SITE. Leave the DAMN MUSIC UP ONCE YOU PUT IT UP!  Do you need someone else to come in and show you how to run things to keep your customers happy? 

look what I just got - I am one of only 333 people on Spotify 😄
but I recently switched to Apple Music because of the issues...

Jedi_0-1659533060035.png

And when you switched to Apple Music, did you find the songs that were not available on Spotify were all available there?

I don't think I will ever switch to anything Apple as I heard rumours of them deleting your local files and saying you had no right to have them there. Plus long ago when I did want to buy music on iTunes I had all this bloatware forced upon my computer that I didn't want.

It would be useful for feedback for us to list specific songs, particularly those that have previously been on Spotify, or were hits in some way, often by artists who have other music on Spotify, or we know are on other platforms, and get some feedback from Spotify as to why they are not on this platform.

From the older years I am primarily interested in songs that reached the UK top 75 singles or US top 40 singles. And I want the single versions, not 9 minute long 12 inches.

With the App Songshift the switch was much easier than thought (around 80 playlists) and only a handful of rare Indie was not found.

Sometimes I miss the functionality of Spotify, but this is a small price for not loosing songs anymore ...

Yes, it doesn't seem fair that you should not have the right to have the songs local on your omputer. Copyright is unfair and needs to be tweaked. I'm not saying copyright should be repealed.

Why do songs disappear from Spotify's catalogue out of the blue?

Yeah, I just wanted to listen to "Turn Up The Radio" then it was gone, sure I can listen to it on other places, but it has taken the flavor out of so many of my playlists, not to mention that all the playlists that are on GTA Vice City V-Rock are incomplete now

The green superintendent by Mako Road?

Suggested posts