Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

WHY do you keep removing songs???

Why is it that Spotify can't leave stuff alone??? YES, add music, but STOP taking down music!! ESPECIALLY after its on a playlist! 

Stop letting artists and outhouse lawyers tell you what to do, grow a pair and LEAVE THE MUSIC *UP* ONCE IT'S UP!! 

I am NOT going to pay for something if I cannot count on it being there from (literally) one day to the next!!

216 Replies

The Blinders, Mule track. Pretty good tune, now removed from my primary playlist. Not very amused. It's been off it for a while now.

a bunch of Red Krayola and The Holydrug Couple songs were taken off... some of my favourite artists so it was sad to see i gone...

The only way to keep music is to buy a legal downlod of it, or have a physical media of it. Spotify has no obligation at all, to provide a song forever. They are a streaming service, and as such, they can do whatever with the library, regarding removing songs. You may not like it, but that's the truth.

With that said, I know it can be hard to find songs that are old and not reprinted in a legal matter. That's the media business problem. They want the money, but does not always provide a legal option for the individual.

Sabre by The Swoons is a really good song that was on my playlists, i'd def want that back on spotify.

I love how this is marked as the solution, yet it doesn't solve any of these issues. I pray and hope Spotify goes under so there can be a new king since Spotify isn't going to do anything about fixing its years-long issues for its customers. A bunch of **bleep** are working for Spotify! I don't care the least bit about the thousands of other songs and artists that are added daily because I didn't like a single one of those songs but I did like the songs that were removed as a result of Spotify being spineless pussies!

There are some songs that are not on Spotify for no apparent logical reason whatsoever.

Why is "Dedication" by Thin Lizzy not available? You have the Dedication - The Very Best Of Thin Lizzy album on there. And that is track 18 and greyed out. Given that Phil Lynott died in early 1986 did he come from beyond the grave and tell you "please don't put that one on Spotify"? Rosalie is also greyed out on that album but is available as a track on the 1975 album "Fighting" - makes no sense really. Someone wanting to listen to the "best of" has to pull drag them into a playlist and add Rosalie from elsewhere?

I don't believe that Spotify "wants to have all the songs". I even had one artist tell me they stopped being on Spotify because they were forced to pay every year to renew. I have my own music and to get it on there I have to go through cdbaby or wherever - I have added my music to youtube though for nothing. I'm not monetized, I just want to immortalise my music.

two questions:

1. how do you contact artists

2. what if they're dead

The holydrug couple are very much alive, and both the holydrug couple and
the red krayola have songs on spotify already. SO there is already a line
of communication established. Plenty of dead artists have their entire
discography up, it just seems to me like some music is decidedly not worth
spotify's time either because they feel its rarely listened to or that it's
being used as a front for fake streams to gain spotify payouts. Either way
if beloved tracks are removed it would be nice for an official reason to be
sent out to all regular listeners/ those who have the tracks in their
playlists just to clear the air on why the change had to happen. Leaving
listeners in the dark while other services such as YT music and tidal keep
aforementioned tracks up is a recipe for losing subscribers. Spotify have
to value the obscure and smaller music scenes as well as the big buck ones
to maintain a relationship with the customer base, especially since the
fringe listeners are the ones far more likely to switch to other streaming
services.

yea like wowaka is dead but no songs are on spotify?? idk why. like he has an artist profile but only 4 songs (2 of which are live performances). it's just annoying as **bleep**

fr bro like there once was this thing called lime wire where u could listen to anything. i wish that would come back

We all understand this but as users who have the music dowloaded a forwarning and explination must be provided as to why the music is being removed. Otherwise artist and streaming supplier will just point fingers at eachother aimlessly while users who are also (paying for the upkeep of there playlists as much as they are paying for the ability to play songs) are left in the dust.... Moreover maybe more agreements would be made if you paid artists there fair share (the microphones in 2020 is still unavailable due to spotifys greed...)

exactly like there was this song that i loved (tokyo teddy bear by neru) and it disappeared for no good reason like what?? how is that fair for us spotify users?? i'm paying for premium so i can listen to the music that i want to listen to, so what's the point in paying if spotify is just going to remove the songs i like??

Alex G online -pretend 

Me too I'm out

They remove all my favourite songs then have the audacity to put the price up

**bleep** off it's back to downloading from YouTube 

exactly!! anyway honestly just use sound cloud i think u get whatever songs u want on there

Im "Dabbi Sad" EP says content unavailable when i try to play it,The Ep is called "In Love" can you please check it for me

within the last few days, without warning, the literally deleted over half my catalog. I had released over 80 albums and numerous singles and every day another bunch goes down. they even deleted 2 full profiles. I can't do this anymore.i nervously check my page to see what they took down

Suggested posts