Announcements

Warner music india

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Missing content in India for 6 months now

Casual Listener

Agree with you. The same issues persisting 6 months post launch is very disappointing. This is especially given all other streaming services do not have the issue with Warner. Very disappointing from Spotify to say the least. 

Highlighted

Songs still missing 9 months later

Regular

Ok Spotify, it is now 9 months since your launch in India and I don't see a famous music label's catalog available to stream in my country. What's going on?! Several other (you know who) streaming services in India have got their act together. What ails Spotify India?!

I really love Spotify but with so many options available (without gaping holes in the online catalog) the missing music will be a serious wet blanket when my annual prepaid subscription comes up for renewal in the next few months. I paid upfront for the whole year the day Spotify launched and have subsequently thought of migrating to the family plan. But then I am holding back to see how things unfold. Please resolve this Warner Bros licensing issue because it has now become a turn-off for music lovers intending to subscribe to Spotify premium. And yeah, there is lossless streaming but then that's a different topic. 

Highlighted

Re: Half the songs I want not available in India due to ongoing case

Casual Listener

Same scenario with me bro! I also subscribed to spotify premium ever since its launch in India and Warner label songs are still unavailable in Indian Catalogue. Now, it's been more than enough, I'm switching back to apple music in January if this issue wil not resolve. Moreover, I don't think even till Jan. all songs will be available. Spotify is fooling us by saying, " We're trying hard" blah blah. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Cant believe this is still happening. Warner’s need to get their act together and stop denying Indian fans assets to favourite artists on Spotify. Imagine all the money the artists are losing by not having music available on Spotify in India.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Green Day ‘s contract has ended with Warner’s. When there new album comes out on 7 February this will be last album for Warner’s. So there should be no reason why Green Days music would not be available on Spotify in India.

Highlighted

Re: Songs still missing 9 months later

Casual Listener

I loved Spotify when I lived in the US and kept checking online to see if Spotify would ever launch in India, once I moved. Was so bitterly disappointed when I saw so many of my favourite songs missing. I subscribed for 6 months, but had to get rid of my subscription when I saw no movement on this issue. Not even an assurance that Spotify is working on it. Am now on an Amazon music subscriber. Don't like the app or the interface, but at least they have my songs. 

Re: Songs still missing 9 months later

Regular
I don't think they have a plan, we just need to wait till they eventually sort it out. There hasn't been a single reaction to my post from Spotify's staff members on this community board. And that is telling.

I renewed my subscription by prepaying for 1 more year in the hope that Spotify and Warner will sort out their issues in 2020. In the meantime I listen to missing tracks on Google Play and Apple Music among other services. The Spotify experience has been pretty disappointing thus far.
Highlighted

Re: Warner music india

Casual Listener

A lot of content is not available for India. This should be resolved ASAP otherwise there's no point using Spotify. Apple music has very good content in that regard.

Highlighted

Regular

And the worst part is Spotify isn't providing an update on the situation. Most Spotify owners in India are regretting the decision of buying an yearly plan(me included).

Highlighted

Composer

How much is does Spotify cost in India?

SUGGESTED POSTS