Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Warner music india

Solved!

Warner music india

Is there an update on Warner music case in India? When will all the songs be available in India? Most of the songs I listen to, have been unavailable since a long time and I'm still waiting for them to be available. 

An update on this issue would be nice. 

Screenshot_20191207-190447.png
54 Replies

They’re missing major artists like dua lipa, panic! at the disco, twenty one pilots. Even Led Zeppelin is unavailable. This is unacceptable considering other music services have all those artists and cost the same or even less.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Spotify works hard to constantly add music to its content database. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Thanks for nothing, Ivan, that response was absolutely meaningless. How hard is it for Spotify to issue a public statement with a timeline to add all the missing music. Spotify's customer service in India has been abysmal since it launched here.

Exactly! How hard is it for you to add the missing artist? 

Plan

Used to be premium but not anymore

Country

India

My Question or Issue

Its been around a year Spotify came to India but till now lot of songs are not available in India most of the Warner chapel songs are blocked because of some law suit action on Spotify. As it is removed now they said that they are going to update everyday with some songs but i don't see any of those songs to be available soon.

Just because of this so many people are not going for subscription and I'm one of them.

Is it possible that you will add all songs(i mean the library you are offering in other countries) soon ?

Isn't the deal with Warner Chappel made again? Doesn't that mean the music should return soon?

There was news in January 2020 (link) that Spotify and Warner signed a new global licensing deal, ending its dispute in India.

This dispute has been a known reason for unavailability of some songs in India since Spotify's launch (link).

However, as of March 2020, the artists which used to be unavailable are still unavailable.

When does the agreement come into effect?

1. According to several news websites Spotify India has apparently resolved the lawsuit regarding the licensing of the Warner Chappell songs. So in effect the unavailable songs should appear in Spotify. But in reality it's not. I have cross checked various artists I knew which were unavailable before and they are still unavailable now. So here are my questions in chronological order - 
  2. 1. Has the deal really happened?
  3. 2. If the deal did take place, when are the songs gonna made available for people in India to listen?
  4. 3. Does the deal cover all of Warner Chappell catalog or rather some parts of it?
  5. A factual reply from Spotify authorities regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Looks like the problem is solved. Linkin Park, 21 Pilots, Charlie Puth etc are now available. Enjoy!

I can see The Doors songs are available. Few of Led Zeppelin songs are available now. I guess they're doing them in batches. Finally.

All songs are now available! F*** yessss

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for inquiring into this matter.

We're happy to report that Spotify users in India can access music from Warner Music Group artists.

Happy listening!

Now that all the catalogue is available in India why there is still some music which is not available and greyed out? Like 'thinking bout you' explicit version by Ariana Grande, David Guetta 'nothing but the beat 2.0' album couple of Linkin park songs. And if catalogue is still not fully available can you tell which labels are still not available in Spotify India?

Suggested posts