Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Websites selling promotion

Solved!

Websites selling promotion

Hey guys I’m pretty new to all the Spotify stuff, I have uploaded my own music to the site but never really understood it, so please bare with me lol

right I have a question for everyone, do you honestly think that company’s and other agencies have the rights to ask for money to be put on a playlist?

I mean come on if your a up and coming artist and want to get exposure to build your fan base and get more followers why is it so god dam expensive!

there has to be another way to get music promoted without paying for basically followers and likes..

has anyone got any ideas how to better your followers without paying?

im really struggling to find answers if anyone can help.

much appreciated 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Pridezmusic.

Paying for plays or "payola" goes against the Spotify terms.

For info on how to get your music into a Spotify playlist click here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

In the music industry there are all different ways to get the promotion you need. You can pay for promotion not only for playlist but for advertising of your project. You can pass out demos, do shows and shoot videos, use social media outlets. There is no solid way to get the recognition you want to get besides getting a record deal and there is still no guarantee. You as the artist knows the kind of exposure and promo you need for your type of music. Come up with the proper plan and execute it yo the best of your abilities. 

+1 ...i would only add that in this day and age, having constant content pouring out and shorter tracks might optimize your chances (algorithmically). 

https://slate.com/technology/2018/09/apple-spotify-streaming-david-turner-if-then-transcript.html

Marked as solution

Hey @Pridezmusic.

Paying for plays or "payola" goes against the Spotify terms.

For info on how to get your music into a Spotify playlist click here.

Thank you for the infomation 🙂 I just been on your channel and seen how to upload to playlist's with new releases 

Suggested posts