Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What Is Not Explicit Should Be Explicit

Solved!

What Is Not Explicit Should Be Explicit

When I go around finding music, I find something I want to listen, but when I find a song that does not say "Explicit" I click on that track and then I hear a bunch of potty language. You need to get some more music with clean lyrics and please have a team to go over those tracks that have foul language that does not have the "Explicit" label on the side. So far I have found 3 songs with the f and s word, but are not labeled "Explicit"   Finding the right stuff to listen to is causing confusion when you don't give a listen to any of the songs,.   Please review the songs and when you hear the foul language label it as "Explicit" and then try to find edited versions those tracks.    

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@SpennyBenny

Hello:

These are meta data labelling issues, Spotify makes available the content that is sent to them by labels and media aggregate services as is. Spotify can't change this type of information without the content first being sent updated to Spotify with the correct meta data from these sources.

If you are coming across music not labelled correctly with the Explicit meta data tag, Spotify users can report these by following the information below:

If you've seen either

- a track, album, or artist in our catalogue with incorrect information (i.e. wrong release year, misspelling, etc.)

- different artists in the same Artist Page

- incorrect cover arts

- incorrect artists biography

or

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

Then you can report the error using the Contact Form. Once there, perform the following steps:

Step 1: Click on "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information".
Step 2: Click on the Green Button that reads "I STILL NEED HELP".
Step 3: Copy and Paste the track URI links to the songs into the field that reads "Song URI".
Step 4: Type up a description of the track issues in the "Tell us more" field.
Step 5: Click on the green button "SEND QUESTION".
Be sure to include all Spotify URI's in the body of the message!

After contacting Customer Support, you should receive an automated response from Spotify. The tracks will then be aggregated and reported to the content provider. Customer Support will update their database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent Spotify an update with the correct data.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have had the same issue. I will listen to songs at work that are not labeled explicit and then they drop the F-bomb. Thats actually why I looked up this message because the COO at my company walked by and right as he did G-eazy dropped the F-word in a song that is not labeled Explicit.... PLEASE make these changes. The song was You & Me by Marc. E. Bassy and G-Eazy

Marked as solution

@SpennyBenny

Hello:

These are meta data labelling issues, Spotify makes available the content that is sent to them by labels and media aggregate services as is. Spotify can't change this type of information without the content first being sent updated to Spotify with the correct meta data from these sources.

If you are coming across music not labelled correctly with the Explicit meta data tag, Spotify users can report these by following the information below:

If you've seen either

- a track, album, or artist in our catalogue with incorrect information (i.e. wrong release year, misspelling, etc.)

- different artists in the same Artist Page

- incorrect cover arts

- incorrect artists biography

or

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

Then you can report the error using the Contact Form. Once there, perform the following steps:

Step 1: Click on "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information".
Step 2: Click on the Green Button that reads "I STILL NEED HELP".
Step 3: Copy and Paste the track URI links to the songs into the field that reads "Song URI".
Step 4: Type up a description of the track issues in the "Tell us more" field.
Step 5: Click on the green button "SEND QUESTION".
Be sure to include all Spotify URI's in the body of the message!

After contacting Customer Support, you should receive an automated response from Spotify. The tracks will then be aggregated and reported to the content provider. Customer Support will update their database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent Spotify an update with the correct data.

I have young siblings that want to listen to music with me.  I should not have to lookup the lyrics online!!!  PLEASE fix this!!!

the song Pearl by Extol is marked explicit, and it only has like 30 words in it about God

Hear these words
My soft voice speaks only truth
I will reveal myself to you
I'll see you through

You are beautiful
My love
Walk with me
All you'll ever need
I am

So come stay with me
My dear
Dwell in grace
All that I am I will complete
In you

I'll never leave you
My hand lies upon your head

Yes, We Sink by CHVRCHES, has some bad language, and should be explicit.

I have had that problem too. Same old love dropped the S-bomb FOUR TIMES but isn't marked explicit. (Warning: this is off topic) Confident is explicit but carries NO bad words.

Suggested posts