Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What happened to Composer Weekly?

What happened to Composer Weekly?

The playlist was updated each week, and now it's three weeks that it's stuck. Please tell me that it hasn't been discontinued, it is an amazing project and it brightens my mondays 🙂

Luca

12 Replies

I've got the same problem!  I was thinking it was just me.  It would be a huge shame if it were discontinued.  Only a short while back I discovered the superb music of Lili Boulanger via Composer Weekly.

Hi there,

This doesn't mean it is discontinued for good, but it could be that composer weekly isn't a high profile playlist. I also enjoy listening to the playlist sometimes and there are more playlist that are promissed to be updated weekly but might skip a week or two. So just keep an eye on it and in the meantime you can check the composers that were previously featured and you might have missed. Just search for composer weekly and you will see an archive of playlists 🙂

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this.

We appreciate how much you love Composer Weekly.

We’re always trying out possible improvements to our features. While the team behind this account tries to offer fresh contents every week, you may notice some changes in the contents published over time, including its frequency.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll make sure to pass this on to the right teams here at Spotify.

We hope that helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Another shout-out for Composer Weekly. Michael Nyman is good but after five or six weeks of him, it's time for someone else.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Does this mean you've "improved this feature" it by dropping it entirely?

That's a real shame (and also a disingenous way of saying so!)

Hey there @ellipses,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

As mentioned in a previous reply, the team behind this account tries to offer fresh contents as frequently as possible.

If you'd like to see Composer updating more often, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and sharing it there - there're more tips on posting your idea here.

To find out more on how ideas get implemented, we'd also suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The algorithm recommended me the composer weekly playlist a few weeks ago. Today I finally get around to check it out just to find that all the playlists have been deleted. Just this morning I saw the latest one and was excited to check it out but 10 hours later they’re all gone. What happened?

I have had one Composer Weekly playlist saved (and copied tracks to my own playlists before changing it to the next composer) and it has been renamed to "This is [Name]". Is this what happened to all of them, or just Spotify's attempt to give me something similar when the CW playlist was deleted? If the former, a collection of links to the playlists would be nice!

I can't find Composer Weekly playlists... They’re all gone! 
What's happening? 

Same!!! I'm wondering about the same question. I love composers weekly and thousands of them just disappeared.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We've checked with the teams in charge and can confirm that Composer Weekly playlists aren't available anymore. The followers of those playlists have been moved to similar "This is [Name]" playlists, as @Hentalat mentioned.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us, and will make sure to pass them on to the right folks as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts